Open today: 12:00 - 17:00, 20:00 - 23:00

from US$30.00
from US$53.34
from US$26.67
5,774 results
All reviews big shot standing room reserved seats front row sit on the floor wooden benches second row vip tickets traditional new orleans jazz no air conditioning limited seating general admission amazing musicians great music dixieland jazz real jazz pat o'briens
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2019

We were a group of 14, so we paid the "big shot" price to get front row seats. The venue is quite small (about the size of my single car garage), and those that don't book the more expensive seats in advance either sit on the floor in front or stand at the back. If you aren't very tall and actually seeing the performance is important to you, I recommend purchasing big shot tickets. Instead of waiting in a long line for an hour or more, our group only had to check in 10 minutes before the show. The performance itself was truly amazing. A lot can be learned about jazz music and performing in a small ensemble by listening and watching these professionals. I enjoyed a lot of fantastic music in New Orleans, and the performance at Preservation Hall was my favorite. The staff was friendly. When I wanted to change the dates of our tickets, the box office agent said "no problem" and easily made the switch for me. I highly recommend taking in a concert at Preservation Hall. If you are visiting with a group, or young people, I would recommend paying the extra money for seats purchased in advance.

1  Thank James R
Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

Tried 2 days to go to this small unpretentious venue to watch legends of jazz from New Orleans. On 2nd day managed after a 11/2 hour wait to get in. The atmosphere and music were excellent and the musicians were friendly to the crowd, gave us stories of their work and play. It was genuinely a great experience even if too short - less than an hour. Don’t miss this place and your support helps keep it alive.

Reviewed 28 March 2019 via mobile

You have to get in line an hour ahead of time. Very small venue and they cram you in. Music was awesome though. Trumpet and sax players were amazing

Reviewed 28 March 2019

3rd visit to New Orleans. !st to Preservation Hall. What we were missing in the past. Not what we expected but more. The music, the venue. A treasure trove for sure.

Reviewed 27 March 2019

At $40 per person to avoid standing in line for hours, the price seems high, but if you want to see good Dixieland musicians and not risk being turned away at the door because there's no more room, it's a small price to pay. Worth it? Yes!