“Bar-B-Q at its Best”

LA Smokehouse Earhart Delicatessen
Ranked #1,365 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This place has a large menu of meats, boudin, and even bar-b-q shrimp. You can get your meat dry or wet, and try their many sauces. There are a lot of sides and they are great too, like potato salad, cole slaw, mac 'n cheese, fired okra, beans, etc. This is a place I'll return to. There is ample safe parking in a parking lot in front of the place. Those in Jefferson just need to take the Earhart Expressway, and you'll be a few blocks from their door when it ends. Two blocks before S. Carrollton Av. right before Rock 'n Bowl on the righthand side of the street. Chow down here before going there.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

What an AMAZING occurrence that we ended up here after another barbecue place ran out of food!

So yeah, we started out at another spot and they were out of food when we got there. Super bummed and still in the mood for barbecue, we started wandering around Mid City and we found this place. We were greeted by the super nice woman working the counter and she explained the whole process.

I decided to get the one-meat plate with "wet" pulled pork, grits and potato salad, I also got a medium mac and cheese, because I can. My boyfriend got the two-meat plate with brisket and pulled chicken with potato salad and fries. The food blew us both away! It was delicious from beginning to end. The pulled pork was perfect and had the perfect amount of sauce without being drenched. I could tell that if I hadn't ordered it wet it still would have been able to stand on it's own. The mac and cheese was incredible, and after the pork, was my favorite part of the meal. The stone ground grits had a different type of flavor (almost smoky) that I enjoyed and the potato salad was served cold and had that nice crunch that I like in potato salad,

We both agreed that the food was excellent, and a good deal to boot, and that we would both make the trip back out to Earhart, just to have more of this delicious food. The owner himself was bringing the food out to folks and he was really friendly and made sure that we were happy with everything. I like when the owners take the time to make sure that everything is okay. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable and the entire process was a breeze. I will definitely return to LA Smokehouse and I'll be adding it to my "BBQ Favorites" list for future reference.

1  Thank Marielle S
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Had our first lunch of our vacation here. The staff could not have been better - super attentive and quick. That food was out of this world. So smoky, nice portions. It was a perfect start to vacation.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

This little smokehouse joint is bursting with flavor in each and every little bite you take. But most of all the staff are so welcoming, fun and accommodating. A must visit while in New Orleans.
Adona C.

LA_Smokehouse, Owner at LA Smokehouse Earhart Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to know that we're on the right track!!

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch for first time and glad I did. Had the ribs which were priced by the pound. They were meaty and flavorful. Sauces were good as well. Will definitely be back for lunch. Had the fries which were a unique cut but they were good as well.

Thank you so much for your review. Can't wait to have you back!!