“Where Louisiana Purchase was done”
Review of Jackson Square

and up
French Quarter Haunted Excursion In New Orleans
Ranked #3 of 389 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun area with street painters, musicians and jugglers.
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Beautiful building. Able to see where history was made. I enjoyed walking around Jackson Square and looking at all the great shoppes.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,282)
All reviews
"horse drawn"
in 161 reviews
"beignets"
in 582 reviews
"great place to people watch"
in 135 reviews
in 187 reviews
"mississippi river"
in 346 reviews

Reviewed 20 November 2017

There is a market area for trinkets...lots of vendors there. The park is very nice and clean. Everything is in walking distance.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Jackson Square is always a fun place to visit. There are entertainment there by street performers. You may see artists painting caricatures to jazz bands play! It's all happining all around the square!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I have read books by Sherrilyn Kenyon that have featured one of the characters selling her wares here. It is beautiful and with the shops bordering the square there is a romantic aspect to all of it, especially with the church looming over the square. I can imagine many weddings and much gaiety. You definitely need to bring a camera and wear comfortable shoes. When we got there there were few artist still in the square and those that were there were packing up. My husband found a painting that he liked but in the end he didn't purchase it. There were a few musicians and a couple of Tarot card readers still hanging out also the St Louis Cathedral was closed for the day. It was about 4:30 PM. I ambled into a couple of the shops that bordered the square. One in particular had some beautiful Johnny Was shirts but they are always expensive and the proprietor acted like he didn't want to be bothered. He didn't look up. He didn't make eye contact and when I said something he ignored me, so I left. We did go to the bookstore right around the corner. I think William Faulkner had lived above it. My friend bought me the new Patti Smith book and we ventured out and walked up Royal Street. I would come back and I'd like to check out St Louis Cathedral but it will have to be another time.