Open today: 10:00 - 16:00

More Info
from US$97.44
More Info
2,877 results
All reviews louisiana swamp white alligators swamp area train ride french quarter animals jaguar lions habitat aviary carousel tiger cages signage playground admission trolley
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2018

One of the reviews we happened to read of the Audubon Zoo said it was the "best zoo in the south". After spending about 3 hours there, we have to agree even though our experience in visiting southern zoos is sketchy. The zoo layout is exceptional with lots of shade for both the animal's comfort as well as the visitors. Everything we saw was well done and the animals all seemed well taken care of which made the visit a nice experience. Since the lion portion of the zoo is closed for renovations, the park is providing narrated "train" rides at no charge and we found this to be a nice bonus because we got to see birds and other wild life which are not on any walkway as well as getting to hear some background info on the architecture and history of the zoo plus interesting facts about the animals. We highly recommend the zoo for a visit and it is so easy to get there from the French Quarter via Uber for a very reasonable cost. Hope you enjoy it as much as my wife and I did. Larry

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Larry096
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Small groups of animals seem to be the norm here, so plenty of space for them. Nicely laid out zoo, not too much walking to do to see it all and there's also a tram which usually costs extra, but is currently free due to some work on the new lion enclosure which means a bit of a walking detour in a couple of places. Keepers were friendly and informative.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

It was raining so hard right as soon as we bought our tickets. We went to the gift shop to hang around for about an hour to see if it would let up with no luck and they would not do a refund due to the weather.

Date of experience: September 2017
Annie K, Employee at Audubon Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hi Moondancers01 - Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience during your visit to Audubon Zoo. Please email iteam@auduboninstitute.org so that we can follow up with you about your experience.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We have been to a lot of zoos and this one was the best by far. They really care about the place, take the time to fix the buildings and paths, really take care of the animals. They put in lots of areas for families to have lunch under the huge trees, lots of fountains and statues great areas for kids to run and look while the family takes their time walking on the path.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I think I raised my kids here, really. The NOLA zoo is the easiest, best laid (is this the correct laid?) out and family friendly zoo I have ever been to, and I've been to San Diego, NY, Omaha, San Ann ton, S. FL, Columbus, OH (not worth a shi it), Nashville, Atlantain't, Albuquerque, Munich Germany, Austria, England, and many other zoo's and NOLA, to me and my Fam, is absolutely he best, easiest, most fun loving zoo EVAAA!

Date of experience: October 2017