“Best German Food!”

Cuisines: German, Central European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: We would like to invite you to the only German restaurant New Orleans has to offer. Our specialty is authentic home-style Bavarian and Bohemian cuisine. In addition, JägerHaus is also the only full service Lavazza coffee shop in New Orleans.When you visit our cozy German bistro in New Orleans, you will feel like you just stepped in to a nice little restaurant off the square somewhere in the middle of Munich or Prague.
Reviewed 27 February 2012

If you want German food this is where you go! I love this place good beer good food great service :)

JagerHaus, Manager at Jagerhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

We're thrilled you enjoyed visit at the JagerHaus and we thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Friendly staff, relaxing side street. Great breakfast and good coffee. We ate there both mornings! Sehr gut!

We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit to the JagerHaus. Thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband and I were a little surprised to see this German restaurant in the French Quarter. It was within walking distance of our hotel, Dauphine Orleans Hotel. It is a small establishment, the wait persons were very friendly, the selection of beers was good, the wine selections were good, and the menu was outstanding. We ordered the International Cheese Plate which contained five cheeses, grapes, crackers and fig preserve. This 'starter' was delicious and was more than enough for the two of us. We got a 'go box' and enjoyed the leftovers back in our hotel room. If you decide to visit this restaurant I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

JagerHaus, Manager at Jagerhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit to the JagerHaus. I will be honest, I do love our cheese plate. it's HUGE, and pretty. Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

None of my trips to New Orleans is complete without a visit to Jagerhaus. Their menu is great and their selection of beer is awesome. I'm already missing this place. The only I disliked is the automatic gratuity charge, but I guess I understand why they did it, but I wonder if it had to be because of Mardi Gras.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and that you make the Jagerhaus part of your New Orleans itinerary. Unfortunately yes, Mardi Gras is that special time of year where adding gratuity to all checks is a necessary evil. The rest of the year though, we leave that option to add gratuity to our guests. We hope to see with out the craziness of Mardi Gras where your experience will be more indicative of how we operate normally. Thank you so much for your business and we look forwards to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

A fantastic mixtures of flavors. Highly recommend Shepherd salad with goats and blue cheese and served with house made dressing. Had 3 apps as our entree' potato and cheese pierogies, german pancakes and knackwurst skewers. All incredible , only dissappointment still wanted more. Ordered the Black forest berries and Nutella crepes' for dessert. Both were decadent. Best time ever on Fat Tuesday.

Thank you so much for spending your Mardi Gras with us. I'm glad you had a chance to sample a lot of different things, it makes for a more complete picture. Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.