“Relaxing location”

Termales del Bosque
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quesada
Reviewed 16 June 2017

This place just screams relaxation. My room was spacious and clean. The decor is a bit odd but interesting with the walls made of stones. You can take the shuttle or just walk to the baths. There are pools of multiple different temperatures. It was too hot outside to go in the really hot ones, but the medium ones were nice. The water is so soft and it feels luxurious. I also like the walk through the forest to get to the baths. Bring a flashlight at night! The baths are basically an artificial version of the Tabacon Hot Springs, but much less expensive. Several of my companions got massages and they were happy with them and their low price. They also enjoyed horseback riding but said that there is no instruction so it was a little scary for those who had never ridden. The wifi in the lobby worked OK but in my room it cut out most of the time so I just went to the lobby. My only substantive complaint was that my room was near the sports bar and they were playing music and cheering until about 11:30 pm, which made it impossible to sleep. The restaurant was good.

Room Tip: Not near the sports bar
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I'm always proud when I find a place I love with mostly locals. We traveled at Christmas time and opted to avoid the large crowds at the more touristy locations. We were so glad we did. My husband and I felt so relaxed here with the gorgeous hot springs, the amazing Christmas dinner buffet. They offer horse back riding. The rooms are very simple, but the value is incredible. I love this place, and dream to go back again one day.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2017

My wife and I stayed on Christmas day and had a very relaxing stay. The hot springs are very relaxing and surrounded by nature. They also offer massage and spa services for reasonable rates. The rooms at the hotel are nothing spectacular, but have all the basic necessities that are needed. The hot water was working and the beds were adequate. I would have like a better pillow selection and the wifi in the room was spotty at best. The restaurant had a nice buffet offering on Christmas Day and the breakfast buffet was good but not great. For dinner my wife and I had pasta, the portions were large and it was good enough that I cleaned my plate and hers. Overall, I found the experience to be very enjoyable and would definitely return again.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 6 March 2017

The hotel, restaurant and thermal baths are a great value as a package deal. The thermal baths are in the woods next to the river and are very good and scenic, if somewhat difficult to access for people with limited mobility. It is crowded on the weekend with locals, because it is not overly expensive. Monday thru Wednesday are the best days to visit.The thermals alone for what you get are a much better value than the ones closer to Arenal, beautiful view. The hotel is clean and modern with TV and air conditioner. The restaurant is very good, sometimes it is buffet and sometimes a la carte. If you get the package deal it was only $145.00 for the thermals, the hotel room and breakfast, lunch and dinner.for 2 people per day.Alcoholic beverages are available at a reasonable price .

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vivian M
Reviewed 23 February 2017

We booked in for one night initially, after having spent the night before in a tiny cabin. We stayed in a double room and appreciated having some space to put our luggage.
Neither my husband nor I are very heavy people, but when he sat on the toilet seat, it cracked, and later came off completely. I wasn't paying attention when I closed the bathroom door and managed to lock us out of the bathroom. The front desk offered us to move into another suite or have maintenance come. We opted to stay put and the maintenance person came right away. First with a door lock replacement, and later with a new toilet seat; he explained that he had to go and purchase one first. The showers are basic,but work well. There is some storage in the bathroom. The decor is dated, but the heat pump was working well. So, having some control over cool air was really important to us. We found a few ants that had come into the bathroom, but they didn't bite or hurt us. The television was working and the reception was good.
We booked ourselves a Swedish deep tissue massage for one hour each, and were impressed by the quality. The price was also very reasonable, and the mathessage therapist was very professional. The massage is located by the hotpoools, a very beautifully laid out area: using gravity to the advantage to create different temperatures marked at each pool, and signage helped. The lighting along the paths to the hot springs is more than adequate. The springs are open to the public for a $22 entrance fee, and visitors must bring their own towels, but can have access to change and locker rooms. Towels and the entrance fees are included with the hotel price.
We had booked the restaurant dinners for both nights as we didn't want to drive a
around following our soak. On the first night,a huge group of graduate students and their professos had come and the restaurant staff was equal to the task of serving them along with other hotel guests. We had a ceviche and a salad Cabrese, and shrimp in white wine sauce with vegetables and potatoes. We were offered a fruit cocktail and for dessert a Carmel mousse type of square.
The next night we had the roasted chicken which was too well done for my taste and pork loin. These meals were satisfactory, although not stellar. The breakfasts however, had some very lovely pineapple and papaya- and we have had two weeks of sampling brekfast fruit, along with gallo pinto, eggs, toast and jam, sausages and milk or coffee.
We found the staff very willing to help, but we cannot comment on the nature walk or tour booking. The grounds are well kept. This is not a boutique hotel, but has its charms. We didn't notice a safe in our room,but didn't inquire about storing our valuables.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quesada
33.5 km away
30.4 km away
El Churrasco Hotel Restaurante
0.3 km away
El Tucano Resort & Thermal Spa

Been to Termales del Bosque? Share your experiences!