All reviewscourse mealfresh fruitunique experiencericegreat hostswhite beachinteresting lifeonce in a lifetimea real treatliberia airportjackkarenflavorcookingnaturezucchinivista
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

We were recommended to visit San Juanillo by backpackers that we met during our trip to Guanacaste and were very excited to see it. We were driving from Montezuma all day without 2 year old so when we finally got there, we were exhausted and looking forward to checking into a room. We saw that Treetop had availability on bookings.com but since we had no internet service, we could not book online. We arrived at the gate entrance at 8pm and rang the bell twice. No one answered so we opened the gate and drove in to see if we could find the reception desk. As my husband got out of the car, an older gentleman ran out with a flashlight yelling profuse language and asking what the F we wanted. My husband explained that he had rang the bell but since no one answered and that we were just looking for a room. The gentleman kept on yelling to get the F out and leave his property. I've never had such horrible, rude service in my life. I would not recommend this b&b to anyone. We were so excited to stay at this spot with our son, only to be cursed out and yelled. Worst experience we have ever had.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
jack h, Owner at Treetops B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

After speaking with our non-speaking English watchman it is correct that the time was 8PM. Very dark after sunset at 5:40PM. The main gate was absolutely closed with two signs in English & Spanish " CLOSED" & the other " PLEASE RING BELL AND WAIT TO BE ATTENDED". I was told that these people opened the double gate and drove in. There were no lights on either in the lodge or outside.We were CLOSED and after a long hard day we were in bed sleeping, our normal work day starts a 5AM. Our excellent night watchman after many years of working for us thought that they could possibly be thieves. He said that there was no conversation and told them to leave in Spanish. They left and deliberately drove over our white picketed driveway fence and broke it! These people obviously do not read English or Spanish and have no respect for others property. We have been in business for 24 years and have an excellent reputation for hospitality and service.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

This small place is off the beaten path, and the couple that own it and run it do not advertise.
They have a small dining area that feels like a treehouse overlooking the ocean. We had a freshly prepared sautéed fish for lunch, a good bottle of wine, and a home made chocolate coconut gelato for desert.
The serve dinner most nights, but they only seat a few people, so call ahead, and if a reservation is available, definitely take it!
We did not view the sleeping accommodations, but judging from the care given to all other aspects of this place, I am sure they are quite nice
The hosts at this place are very friendly and interesting. They speak English and Spanish.
This place is a gem!

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

This place is absolutely beautiful, with fun loving, informative proprietors. Accommodations are simple, clean and rustic...and the food is to die for. What an amazing beach, and a billion dollar view. We had a super fun relaxing experience. Jack and Karen very warm and friendly. I can't wait to go back and see them again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I went to San Juanilho for a boat tour and went I return I went hunting for a place to eat, totally by chance I found this hidden B&B run by this amazing couple Karen and Jack, wonderful hosts and the food Karen does is really good, and the views while you have your meal is absolutely epic, when u finish eating you just stay there watching the sea and if is late afternoon the glorious sunset.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

We celebrated my moms 60th birthday here and the dinner was amazing along with delicious drinks that Karen prepares herself. The food was freshly made delicious taste overall GREAT. Karen and Jack are very sweet truly amazing and helpful people made us feel very welcome like we were visiting family. This place is a must visit when in Costa Rica.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family