“Bring your appetite!”

Short Stack Eatery
Ranked #34 of 1,099 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Description: A breakfast-only eatery in the heart of Downtown Madison that focuses on sourcing local, fresh, and organic ingredients. HOURS WED 6AM-3PM THURS 6AM-MIDNIGHT FRI 6AM-MIDNIGHT SAT 6AM-SUN 9PM (yes, the whole time, for 39 hours straight) Who doesn't love breakfast?
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stopped in here for breakfast twice because it was so good. The blueberry pancakes are great -- but definitely bring your appetite because they are big! One morning, I tried the sweet potato oatmeal pancakes -- and while I couldn't finish my pancakes, I definitely scooped up all of the whipped cream/marscapone that came with them (and could have probably just had a bowl of that.). Grits were also good.
Both times, we were there close to when they opened and by the time we were leaving, more people were coming in --- so earlier might be better if you don't want a wait.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I tried the “blind special.” This is a daily special costing $7, but you may only ask if it is sweet or savory. If you ask what the special actually is, they’ll tell you, but the price increases to $11. I enjoyed my meal!

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Good place. Why will I be back? Here are 5 reasons.

1. Food was good but not the best. A bit blend for my taste.
2. I want to try other dishes.
3. Not plenty of options for Pescatarians but you can work things out.
4. Service was average to good.
5. Not too impressed but want to give another try.

Wish they’ll add veggie sausages if not more seafood options.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Didn't want to do the hotel breakfasts, so we started walking around town and found this wonderful place. We ate here on two mornings and we both had the same breakfast both days. The Short Stack has a menu item called Trio. With this choice, you can pick three items from the following list: Buttermilk short stack pancakes, meat, toast, two eggs, fresh fruit, potatoes and or mixed greens. I had the pancakes, two eggs, and bacon. Everything was cooked to perfection and tasted great. Coffee and ice tea were also good, plus you can have a to go cup after breakfast. If you're in Madison, be sure to stop in...you wont be disappointed!

1  Thank BeckCalifornia
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Stopped in after being out enjoying the town! LOVED the pancakes. Portions were just right. Blueberry pancakes soooooo good. One of few places to stop get some grub before heading off to bed. Worth stopping at for breakfast anytime of day or night.

Been to Short Stack Eatery? Share your experiences!