“Authentic Venezuelan cuisine”

La Taguara - Venezuelan & Latin American Cuisine.
Ranked #6 of 1,083 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Colombian, Latin, Venezuelan
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: We offer traditional Venezuelan & Latin American cuisine. Visit us and delight your palate with the taste of delicious authentic Venezuelan SAZON. Enjoy our dining room or, for those on the go, call ahead and we'll have your order ready for you to pick up and carry out.
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Interesting and seemingly authentic dishes in a casual atmosphere. Mostly meat based though; not much menu choice for the Vegan in our family.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is nicely landscaped outside. We were surprised there was no table service at a restaurant so highly rated. We ordered our food—my husband pabellon and myself ensalada coco & camarones (salad with shrimp). My husband wasn’t very thrilled with his dish while I really enjoyed mine. I decided to have dessert, panchita. It was homemade and wonderful in fruit flavors. I would certainly like to come back and explore the menu!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Our friends had been to a Venezuelan restaurant in Mexico, so they helped us decide what to order. It was all amazing and the young woman at the counter was friendly and helpful. We had Pabellon, the national dish of Venezuela. Oh my, it was delicious and was a lot of food - meat, rice, beans, arepas, and fried plantain. We also had patacon (a "sandwich" in a crispy plantain) and Cachapa (corn pancake with cheese filling, meat, etc.). I was uncomfortably full when I left because I couldn't stop eating all that deliciousness! Just ask for a to-go box. You'll thank yourself in the morning.

1  Thank SteveMirn
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We had the pork and cornbread, the shrimp and the shredded beef, server was very friendly and efficient.

We were all full or took some of our meals home.

Weren’t sure what to expect but anticipated a little more heat.

Might come back but probably won’t go out of our way for it.

1  Thank Pete S
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I stopped here my last day in Madison. That was a huge mistake!! The Cubano was the best I've ever had, that includes Miami! The other folks around me were equally pleased with their meals. If you don't try this little place it's a huge error in judgement!

1  Thank Flyer6699