“Awesome & Great Atmosphere!”

The Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co.
Ranked #23 of 1,099 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2018

I love The Great Dane, super pleasant atmosphere over the lunch hour, also close to the Apple Store, so a perfect combo, not a beer drinker, so can't relate to that, they are set up to make their own brew, so is interesting to see. I do really like their ice tea & burgers, service is quick and personable. I'll definitely return ...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We had a large group of adults and children for dinner on a Friday night. We called ahead and made a reservation and the table was all ready for us when we arrived. The waiters were exceptionally friendly and helpful! The food tasted great and we enjoyed our time a this restaurant!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

First, I don’t partake in alcohol so I’m only rating the food. We saw the good ratings and the high rank on Trip Advisor and have to say I was surprised. Service was okay, nothing special. We started with spring rolls and we both just looked at each other after the first bite, had to be out of a box and neither of us had ever tasted a spring roll like these.

I had the pot pie and my friend had the chicken skewers. Pot pie was okay but the apple sauce that came with it was terrible. My friend was very disappointed in his meal. The chicken skewers were okay but the rest of the dish was under cooked and he didn’t eat it.

We did see a number of people eating sandwiches and figured maybe that’s their specialty.

I personally would not return but obviously from the reviews many really like The Great Dane.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Many items to choose from on the menu. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. Place was clean and fast service.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We love Great Dane! Family friendly, but also a great date night spot for a couple of craft beers.
Sunday brunch is amazing for the price. My in laws travel from an hour away several times per year to dine here.