“Amazing food”

Ranked #20 of 1,097 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean comfort food drawing inspiration from Spain, France and Italy, we offer shared plates in a cozy communal dining experience.
Reviewed 13 April 2018

GREAT GREAT GREAT. Can’t wait to get back there. This place was a real treat.The people were great,the service was great and the atmosphere was great.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank tthary

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Phenomenal every time and easily one of my top 5 favorite restaurants in Madison. I love that they have communal seating (as well as about 8 tables for couples or groups of 4) since I dine here by myself half the time I go. I've had some awesome conversations at the the communal tables and even shared some dishes with others. The food is delicious and very well thought out and plated. And it's consistent every single time. I usually pick 4 small plates when dining solo, and 2-4 small plates and 1 large plate when dining with my partner. Love the wine selection! Plenty of options for wines by the glass as well as full bottles. Quite a few very tasty cocktails to choose from as well. The staff, the owner, Dan, and everyone else involved are such great, kind and attentive humans.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Greg G
Reviewed 10 February 2018

We had a reservation so the table was ready when we all arrived. We asked to order as couples and that threw our server off as her recommendation was that we all share, which is fine if that's what you want which we didn't.

Drinks came and they were good but one of our party ordered what turned out to be a $25.00 cocktail which was a big jump from the average price which she didn't notice at the time she ordered. Having had two, she was stunned when she realized the cost. While it was a very good drink it didn't really warrant the price tag and when it was questioned the server said my friend could talk to the manager about it but because it was a reserve whiskey it was more expensive etc. Not the way to handle a customer query. While my friend accepted her error a little more concern or action from the server would have been appreciated.

Each couple ordered 2 starters all very good with the dates being the best and meatballs as a nice follow up. Each couple also ordered the small plate Tagliatelle.
Three orders went in and only two came out.The third one finally was served after the large plates were almost complete and the server had to be questioned about the missing order. When she checked her orders she saw it was written down but was missed. The small plates were enough to share and had nice flavor but one couple watched while the other two ate which is awkward!

Four of us had the porchetta and again it was good but the star of the large plates were the scallops. They were perfectly prepared and presented.

Because it was my birthday I ordered the bread pudding for dessert and it was enough for all to have a taste. Nice combination of flavors but a bit soggy in the middle and overdone on the edge.

The manager did apologize for the mix ups but there were no comps for delays and confusion. Surprising in a restaurant known for quality and service.

Dan Bonanno did stop for a minute so that was nice as it is always pleasant to have the chef take some time with customers.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 17 December 2017

We all loved our meals! The bartender suggested the meatball appetizer and they were outstanding. Our server, Clair, and her helpers, kept us in dishes without hurrying us. Two of the party had porchette, I had pork loin and the fourth person scallops. The general view was that the scallops were the best. The pork loin had too much fat for me but was cook extremely well. Only negative would be the selection of whiskey. Not the best. Make reservations for the dining area is very small. VERY WORTHWHILE!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Our group of 6 dined at the restaurant on Friday, 11/10 having called for a 7PM reservation on Wednesday, 11/8. We we arrived,we were seated at a table with 2 other guests already dining. Wasn't real happy about that, despite the fact they were nice people. Secondly, several of us had viewed the restaurant's menu on their website and planned on ordering the large plate "porchetta". Unfortunately, the evening's menu did not list it so I inquired if it was available. I was told it wasn't, so 4 of us ordered the pork loin instead. When it arrived all of us commented how chewy it was, and not very tender. Very disappointed about that. Finally, when it was time to leave, the chef/owner, Dan Bonanno, walked right past us and said nothing. Not a "hope you enjoyed your dinner" or anything like that. He simply walked by. Not the way to build a business, and we won't be back.

Date of visit: November 2017