“DISAPPOINTING...”

Ranked #20 of 1,099 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean comfort food drawing inspiration from Spain, France and Italy, we offer shared plates in a cozy communal dining experience.
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Our group of 6 dined at the restaurant on Friday, 11/10 having called for a 7PM reservation on Wednesday, 11/8. We we arrived,we were seated at a table with 2 other guests already dining. Wasn't real happy about that, despite the fact they were nice people. Secondly, several of us had viewed the restaurant's menu on their website and planned on ordering the large plate "porchetta". Unfortunately, the evening's menu did not list it so I inquired if it was available. I was told it wasn't, so 4 of us ordered the pork loin instead. When it arrived all of us commented how chewy it was, and not very tender. Very disappointed about that. Finally, when it was time to leave, the chef/owner, Dan Bonanno, walked right past us and said nothing. Not a "hope you enjoyed your dinner" or anything like that. He simply walked by. Not the way to build a business, and we won't be back.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

heard about the restaurant at the B&B in Madison. when we got there no tables were available so we asked if we could eat at the bar. they were very friendly and accommodating. we had their duck fat fries for an appetizer. they were outstanding!! easily enough for the two of us. we split scallops with pork belly and a ribeye. probably the best scallops we have eaten anywhere and we travel the world. the ribeye was excellent, very nicely seasoned. the bartenders were very attentive. excellent service!!! the meal was so outstanding we decided dessert was required despite being stuffed. we had donut holes in chocolate sauce, perfection!!!! so warm and delicious. i am a foodie and this is in the top best meals I have ever had. A must for food lovers!!!!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to take someone on a date to. Great atmosphere, great customer service and best of all great creative cuisine. We’ll go back again and again!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit, the first was in December 2015. It was delicious then, it was delicious now. Three of us sat at the bar and shared an array of dishes. Mostly small plates and one entree. The bone marrow meat balls are a favorite of both visits. The porchetta entree was a new addition and we were all happy with the choice. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. The bartenders are skillful. It will continue to be a must visit on any return trip to Madison.

1  Thank Lizabeth B
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Went to A Pig in A Fur Coat for my birthday dinner this past weekend. Great service, the entire staff was knowledgable about the menu and drinks. The food was to die for. I couldn't decide what I wanted so went with the tasting menu, and the chef did not disappoint. I was able to try dishes that I might not have otherwise tried on my own. The foie gras mousse was probably my favorite!! Reservations are accepted, and I would recommend so you don't have to wait!