All reviewsrooftop barcampus innstate streetgreat locationcoffee shop in the lobbyquirky hotelbody washtop floorfun hotelmemorial unioncollege towncollege tourcollege kidsheart of downtownloved this hotelroom keyepic training
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Just a quick over night stop off on the way up to Minneapolis. Bed was soft and gave a good nights sleep, bathroom narrow and a bit damp. Room was completely non-descript otherwise. There's a breakfast bar downstairs.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
GraduateGM, General Manager at Graduate Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear H T,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. While we enjoyed having you at Graduate Madison, we regret that your stay with us fell short of your expectations. At your earliest convenience, please contact us directly so we may discuss your experience at length. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with an enhanced stay in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed at The Graduate with my family. We had an enjoyable experience.

Pros:
1. Fun design for rooms
2. Great view from 7th floor restaurant
3. Cute cafe on 1st floor
4. Kind staff

Cons
1. Bathroom could have been cleaned better
2. Small bathroom
3. Horrible view... view of large concrete wall
4. When I needed sheets for the pull out bed, I had to get them. They do not have enough staff to tend to rooms.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear lulukale,

We appreciate your comments. From our nostalgic décor to the delectable cuisine of Portage Pi, it sounds as though you enjoyed many aspects of Graduate Madison. However, we apologize for the unusual condition of your washroom and the uncharacteristic lapse in service that you experienced from our housekeeping team. We strive to offer a welcoming and accommodating stay for each of our guests, and we regret that this was not evident throughout your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to restore your trust in our property during a future stay.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Clueless staff ineptly playing at a game called 'hotel'. I arrived on a Monday. Finally, on Thurs, I stopped by the front desk where I suggested that it might be nice for housekeeping to stop by my room some time. No apology, but housekeeping did show up that day. Made the bed and straightened the bathroom, but neglected to clean the coffeemaker or throw away old coffee cups. Took old soap but didn't leave any new. When I arrived on Monday, parking ramp unavailable due to road construction. When I inquired where to park, they said some people park in the Park St ramp. So I did. Cost up to $40/day. Learned after my trip that they should have offered me a coupon that would get me a $12/rate. I was a guest of the University which was paying for my room. In spite of my double-checking this on my check-in AND check-out, they charged my card, and they over-charged it, not giving me the rate they had offered the University. Walls in the room were thin. Could hear every breath from my next door neighbor.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mr C
GraduateGM, General Manager at Graduate Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Mr C,

Thank you for sharing your invaluable comments with us. It is our top priority to provide our guests with a welcoming and accommodating stay, and we apologize that this was not evident throughout your visit. We regret the unusual lapse in service that you encountered by our housekeeping team and front desk staff, and we ask that you please contact us directly at your earliest convenience so we may discuss the details of your experience at length and alleviate any outstanding issues regarding your bill. We regret any inconvenience, and we hope to have the opportunity to restore your trust in our property.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I loved this hotel! The decor was so well done and the location was perfect. Right off state street and the lake. The rooms were small but adequate and the beds were very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 488jodyb
GraduateGM, General Manager at Graduate Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Jody B,

We appreciate your review. From our inviting décor to our prime location near State Street, it sounds as though you truly enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you, and we await your return.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

The good: excellent sense of style, fab breakfast restaurant, comfy beds
The not so good: cleanliness left something to be desired (hair in shower, smears on mirror)--not a dealbreaker, but poor attention to detail

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear flylittlepenguin,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. While we are delighted to discover that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and delectable breakfast offerings, we are disappointed by the uncharacteristic condition of your accommodation. We apologize for the unusual lapse that you experienced, and we hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations during a future visit.