“Amazing sushi!”
Review of Red

Red
Reserve with OpenTable
Red is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,065 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018

RED serves the best sushi I have ever had. Each roll was over the top with presentation and flavor. I will be going back!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We sat at the bar and watched them make the rolls and that was a lot of fun. The staff were nice and helpful with the menu. The place was extremely busy and the wait was a bit long. I had a tuna dish and it was ok but a little too sweet, needed some heat or something. I had cheesecake for dessert and it was ok but not described well in the menu. What they brought out was a deconstructed cheesecake, not a slice and it had tea ice cream (caffeinated) which I'm not a fan of. Overall the food was beautiful, atmosphere was very posh, ingredients were super fresh, but what I had was just ok.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Now I love cheese curds and IPA as much as the next person, but sooner or later, it's time to look for something fresh and different. I found it here at Red. They had just introduced the summer menu, which features a range of light Japanese/fusion dishes. In addition to this, you can choose from a huge variety of sushi rolls and many many different types of sake. Definitely something to suit all tastes. I had balsamic brussel sprout petals (they sound strange, but were amazing!) and the sweet and sour scallops (made with fresh and original ingredients, but needed more of a herbal lift). I just managed to fit in the vegan key lime pie, which was interesting and delicious. The Jasmine tea to finish was one of the most floral I have ever tasted. The service was fantastic, and the atmosphere here is modern in a good way though you gotta like modern beats. I was own my own and still felt very welcome. Quality all round. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The sushi and sashimi are sourced well, always high quality prepared in an open kitchen so you see the care they take with your food. The patio is awesome to sit and enjoy the evening. The wine list is ok, they have a good selection but higher prices than I would expect to pay for the wines. The drinks are excellently made with a great selection of craft cocktails, and Japanese Whiskey. Service is fast and efficient and they do work as a team, picking up dirty dishes as they pass even if it is not their table, and filling all the water glasses. If you want a table outside make reservations since they are busy many nights.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I was invited to a prix fix wine dinner at Red.
There was a beautiful vocalist and her piano playing husband, and a cellist and pianist who coordinated the music with the courses.
The atmosphere, tastes, and sounds were delightful!
One caveat-check social media before you show up for dinner-a couple who did not know this event was going on were sadly turned away.
I'm glad my friends were in the know and invited me ahead of time!

Been to Red? Share your experiences!