“A nice place”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We were a party of five. The place is nicely decorated and clean. The waiter was nice and attentive. The menu is half Italian and Turkish, so something for everyone. The appetizers were delicious- the cigar burek, sarma, and a variety of hummus, antipasto platter. The shish kebobs(lamb and chicken) were good. The chicken parm was good, but the pasta was lukewarm. Overall, a nice place to eat. Will be back for some Turkish food, but really want to try some pizza!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Very varied and international menu...everything is cooked fresh and it is apparent. Service is excellent and low-key...it is large enough that you don't feel cramped or crowded. Plan on spending some time...they don't rush and you won't want to either.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I have had the opportunity to dine at Oliva several times in the last couple of months. Each time the food and service were excellent.

At our Ladies Lunch we each ordered something different; lasagna, veggie stew, chicken parmesan, capresie appetizer, each meal was aesthetically pleasing and tasty. The portions were quite generous. We also received unlimited fresh warm bread with dipping oil.

I also had dinner at Oliva; this meal was the Mediterranean Shrimp ($16.99) served with soup or salad and the fresh warm bread. I opted for the Mediterranean Salad for an up charge. Very fresh and the house dressing was flavorful. The entree was served hot and large enough for two meals.

Server was pleasant and attentive.

Each experience has been pleasant.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I think what impressed me the most with Oliva was the ambiance and the menu. I believe its the first time I have seen a hybrid of Mediterranean and Italian, redundant as that may sound. And a large comfortable.classy dining area which might imply a more pricey menu. Yet, the extensive menu choices are all at a price point one can swallow. Pastas where pastas should be around $8-9.00. appetizers between $5-10.00. Sandwiches and salads and some middle Eastern Kebab dinners And a variety of choices which made me think I need to return soon..

We were in the mood for a light lunch. My companion had the Mediterranean Salad and I chose a small Shepherd's salad and a plate of stuffed grape leaves. While the latter were a little over-salted, they were full of flavor. The salad was fresh and just right for a small serving. The number of appetizers and small plates really allow for tapas style eating here. The Italian entrees which I observed on other tables were pretty substantial and would fill the average eater. Don't look for "big food" though, because portions are more on the European side.

Our server was quiet and even a bit retreating in her approach, but she didn't fail to keep our fresh bread basket or water glasses full. And our meals were delivered very timely. I can recommend Oliva if you want to enjoy a quiet, unhurried lunch catching up with a friend,

Reviewed 29 April 2017

This restaurant was highly recommended by friends. It is a lovely restaurant. Our group of four all agreed we would love some herbs mixed with the plain olive oil served with the bread. Even just pepper and Parmesan. Even before I tried my meal one in our party asked if anyones food was hot. It wasn't, but we were in a hurry so we did not complain. I really enjoyed my meal and would order it again. I upgraded to the Mediterranean salad and would definitely order that again too. My meal absolutely would have been even better if it had been hotter. I would go again, but would make sure they knew I wanted hot food. Our server was OK, but not nearly as personable as we thought a wait person should be. One of our group had to ask for her iced tea that she had ordered long after it should have been served. When the group member got their bill she noticed that they hadn't charged her for the iced tea. Being the honest person that she is she brought it to the waitress's attention. I felt she should have said it was on the house, but she didn't. She added it to the bill. They were not at all busy so that wasn't the reason for any of the complaints we had. I'd really like to give this a restaurant a better rating. I hope I can come back and do so next time. A nice little place to meet friends for sure.