Review Highlights
Hiking the trail

We hiked the Ice Age trail section that was easy if Madison . We started near Hiway 89 at a State... read more

Reviewed 15 February 2018
meyste
Rockford, IL
via mobile
Hiking the trail near Whitewater, WI

We hiked the Ice Age trail section that was east of Madison . We started near HiWay 89 at a State... read more

Reviewed 6 November 2017
meyste
Rockford, IL

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Madison
from US$20.00
More Info
All reviews state park hiked miles heavy duty longer hike hikers route woods hiway soil journey prairie roots wi falls nature stops
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Extensive foot only trail heading out Greenbush trail system along the kettles is where I walked, vut there are literally thousands of miles throughout Wisconsin. Well maintained rustic and hilly, this walk will get your heart pumping.
For me and my poor sense if direction, an out and back with zero decisions of which way is empowering- I never felt lost at all. It was busy at Greenbush (and park sticker purchase) for this section, but park sticker is good for a year at many locations. On Ice Age, I did not see another human for three hours, fabulous!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2016

This is a simple, nice, meandering trail that goes through the Verona area (and other areas??). You're not going to be hidden or secluded on this trail, but it does let you "get away" from some of the hub-bub of the day.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank ColoradoHikerJimG
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Hiked 3 miles amid beautiful flowers and butterflies. Wish we had our bicycles as this would be fabulous biking trail. Encountered a few other folks but wasn't a crowded trail. If we lived here would be on trail multiple times a week.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 25 August 2016

I ran for exercise along this trail in Madison and found it quite scenic and fun. The trail wound through open meadows, ponds, and mature hardwood trees. Watch out for squirrels crossing the trail, they are practically tame.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Thousands of miles throughout WI to explore. Pick up the trail just about anywhere in WI and enjoy! I'm thrilled that I'm minutes from many SW WI routes. My boys love running on these trails and my dog, friends and I love exploring them. Great place for a solo hike or walk with friends & family. Beautiful Wisconsin!

Date of experience: August 2016