Review Highlights
Hiking the trail

We hiked the Ice Age trail section that was easy if Madison . We started near Hiway 89 at a State... read more

Reviewed 15 February 2018
meyste
Rockford, IL
via mobile
Hiking the trail near Whitewater, WI

We hiked the Ice Age trail section that was east of Madison . We started near HiWay 89 at a State... read more

Reviewed 6 November 2017
meyste
Rockford, IL

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Madison
from US$20.00
More Info
All reviews state park hiked miles heavy duty longer hike hikers route woods hiway soil journey prairie roots wi falls nature stops
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Thousands of miles throughout WI to explore. Pick up the trail just about anywhere in WI and enjoy! I'm thrilled that I'm minutes from many SW WI routes. My boys love running on these trails and my dog, friends and I love exploring them. Great place for a solo hike or walk with friends & family. Beautiful Wisconsin!

Reviewed 4 July 2016

We volunteer for the trail, so may be a bit biased, but we always enjoy our experiences on the trail. The portions where trail is complete are great hiking experiences -- nice trails (whether in the woods, in the prairie or in a bit more urban area that the trail sometimes goes through.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

What a great fall walk on the trail today! The colors of the trees are in full glory. I walked from Epic area to downtown Verona. Downtown there are nice clean bathrooms and a drinking fountain.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

so close to the city and yet, a wide expanse of nature and trails. Yeah

the ice age trail leads into a beautiful valley, or there are 2 loop trails.

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

The Verona segment is beautiful. From Hometown USA Community Park to Prairie Moraine Park had some rolling terrain through forests and prairies. Some steeper climbs challenge along the way. Lots of birds, animals, and wild flowers.