“yummy stuff!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2015

cottage pie - perfect `10! kids meal - they loved it! had awesome salad - great dressing. next night had fish and chips - gosh - it was sooo yummy! with malt vinegar, felt like I was in Ireland!

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Erin's Snug Irish Pub's website states, “At Erin's we strive to bring our guests the best service and memorable experience possible.” Well it was light years away from the “best” service and it was memorable, but for all the wrong reasons! Erin’s has a number of party rooms/areas and advertises as a place to come for birthdays, weddings, corporate events, etc. After my experience at the “Snug” this past weekend, I would not recommend them for a special event or an evening out; not unless you want to have rude service and low quality food.

I was with a group staying at the Holiday Inn nearby. We called in a reservation for a party of approximately 35/37 people. Upon our arrival, we were place in what’s called the County Dane room. When we walked into the room, there was already a group of 10-12 people (not with our party) seated in the middle of the room. This was beyond awkward because the room was apparently not set-up for our group and as things unfolded, the folks seated in the room all stared at us like we each had 3 heads! The staff seemed unaware and unprepared for us. They quickly arraigned tables to accommodate our group but there were still 6 or 7 people who were left standing. Do you think the staff would go get additional tables/chairs for those people who were still standing? No! Those standing had to rustle-up and move their own tables/chairs! Being unprepared and not taking the initiative to accommodate all the people in our party with proper seating was strike one!

Strike two came in the form of the wait staff. The waiter started off with a classic bad move, asking, “do you need a minute to decide?” then disappeared for 20 minutes! (Give us a few minutes to decide – like 5 or so, don’t ask the question and come back 20 minutes later!) Also, he was not attentive at all and when he tried to be, he failed! He pushing beer sales even though half the table already had mixed drinks and/or something else. He forgot various items/requests including a beer for my father-in-law, even after he requested it a couple times. The waiter even said, “just remind me again if I forget it next time I come around – I’m ‘busy’ and can’t remember everything!" After awhile my father-in-law told him to forget the beer. The waiter was also rude when my wife showed him that her burger was undercooked. He said, with an attitude, “So what, you want us to make another one?” when he could have simply apologized and said something like, “sorry, I’ll get you a new one right away” or asked her if there was anything else she would like.

Strike three was the length of time everything took: 10-15 minutes of head-scratching hemming-and-hawing just to get our group situated once we walked in - 45 minutes for all of us to order - almost 60 minutes waiting for food - 30 minutes of actual eating time and another 30 minutes for them to get us the bill after everyone was done eating and basically standing around ready to go. Overall we were there almost 3 hours!

I guess I would be a bit more lenient if the place was busy, but it wasn’t. Besides a party of people in the outdoor patio area, the rest of this place was empty! Empty! I would say it’s never a good sign that on a Saturday night a restaurant would be empty!
Overall, from the outside and the decor inside, it looks like a nice place but you should never judge the quality or character of someone or someplace just by looks alone! The food at my table of 8 was not very well seasoned, prepared or even hot, and considering we were basically the only people there apart from the outside party (and the folks in the room not with our group), the service was horrible.

I got the impression this place is more of a corporate wh*re focusing their effort on providing party rooms and specials to local business and maybe UW graduations and/or weddings more so than couples, small groups and families. Do yourself a favor and go someplace else for an enjoyable Saturday night dining experience. The best part of the evening for me was walking out the door!

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

We came upon this restaurant and it was a joy. The food was great. I had the Reuben Mac and cheese... Fantastic. My husband had the fish and chips, the fish was especially good. Met the owner, Gerry, friendly and fun. We will definitely stop by again. I

1  Thank crsurfer2000
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

Wonderful food, atmosphere, and service. Joe the waiter was great and his suggestion of the entree pie was right on.

Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

Unattentive staff. Dry, bland, overpriced food. Place looked nice though, I guess this books cover should've stayed closed.