All reviews the club lounge front desk starbucks coffee shuttle service alliant energy center close to downtown hotel bar shower head business trip pool and hot tub fitness center king bed josephine lobby josh lake conference
Reviewed 10 April 2017

While this hotel says it is "downtown" Madison it is just outside. The hotel does offer very good shuttle service in and out of downtown and very good locations. The hotel itself is comfortable, the staff was very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2017

It's an old story. This property is great. The staff, Allison, Josephine, Alan and Zoe made my stay a complete pleasure. I'm going back in May and look forward to the bar, food and friendliness of from the front desk to the all of the staff that I did not mention.

Room Tip: Make sure you try to get a "Club Lounge" room. It cost only $20.00, but well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I stayed at this Sheraton for two nights over the weekend, and then another night during the week. I also stayed at the Sheraton in Milwaukee, and in West Des Moines, on the trip. The Club Lounge at the Madison Sheraton is awesome, and blows these other two out of the water. The girls who run/staff it - Zoe, Tish, Richie, and Michelle - were lovely. The food was quite good - nice spreads for breakfast and evening food (it could have been dinner if I didn't already have plans). The club lounge puts this Sheraton a cut above many of the others where I've stayed. Definitely will come back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2017

While there are many reviews about the pre-renovation quality of the hotel, I wanted to stay here for SPG and the hotel's transportation services. The free 20 minute ride to and from the hotel are worth it and they have a downtown shuttle. I even had a meeting arrangement at the airport one day so took the hotel's airport shuttle for that and saved on cab fare. Angie was great on check in as there was an issue with my reservation which she helped cleared up and no additional costs. I had an early morning flight out and while it was too early for the shuttle, the hotel picked up my taxi cab fare to the airport at 5am. Glad I didn't order an Uber (which there wasn't any available that early in the morning for Madison either). Good place to stay on business for a couple of nights. It's not a St. Regis or Westin property which I think many are expecting reading the reviews but suitable for my needs.

Stayed: March 2017
Allison J, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Hello G6658WDtoddb,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback from your most recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you were able to utilize the shuttle and that Angie was able to provide such great customer service for the issues that arose. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Madison that we see you again!

Allison J

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel is nice and clean, but the front desk isn't real friendly. We walked by one time and the lady at the front desk was cussing. There is a restaurant in the hotel which is good also. Would stay there again but not pay their price of $124.00. Book on Hotwire for 64.00. Go that route.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends