All reviews room was clean service road two night stay enjoyed our stay quiet location nice stay pool and hot tub third floor waffles great room desk clerk staff was very friendly and helpful continental breakfast would definitely stay here again stairwell highway cleanliness
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

After riding our motorcycles 500 miles in pouring rain glad to see the Days Inn we had reservations for. Front desk staff very friendly. Rooms are very nice and clean. The best thing was they had a very warm hot tub. Could not wait to get in and warm up. The only down side to this motel is there no place close by to eat at, at least not in walking distance. Ordered a pizza and ate in the room. Great place and price was very reasonable

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Larry H
DIBWSalesManager, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review and rate our hotel and staff. We are very pleased that you were able to find shelter from the rain and that you enjoyed your stay with us. While we do not have restaurant options within safe walking distance, the front desk team is able to recommend a variety of places (besides pizza) that do deliver; you can also always use the GrubHub app while you are with us and that brings up even more restaurants that will deliver.

We hope that you continued to have safe travels and that you will visit when you are next in Madison. We look forward to seeing you again.

Days Inn & Suites Madison

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My dog is being treated at UW Madision and so we need to have a hotel close to the clinic and one that is dog friendly. We had a first floor room, near an exit and just steps from the car. There is a very big area in the front of the hotel for walking the dog. The hotel was clean and the spa/hot tub very relaxing.

Stayed: May 2018
DIBWSalesManager, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Thank you for the awesome endorsement of our hotel. We are stoked to know we were available in your time of need and hope all is well with your puppy. We hope you will visit again, and at a less stressful time, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Days Inn & Suites Madison

Reviewed 23 May 2018

My dog is under care at UW Madison and so, we need a pet friendly hotel. Not only did Days Inn accommodate our needs there are several first floor rooms near an exit and just a few steps from parking spaces. There is an ample area for dog walking. The room was very quiet, comfortable and clean. The hot tub/spa very relaxing. I highly recommend this hotel, especially for pet owners. Even during rush hour, it only took 1/2 hour to reach downtown and the clinic. This hotel was also among the cheapest in the area!

Room Tip: The back area is used by truckers so, recommend the front - even though the front borders a busy road, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
DIBWSalesManager, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you for the awesome rating and review of our hotel, staff and service. We are sorry to hear that you puppy is undergoing care and hope that everything goes well. We are also very stoked to know that we have exceeded your expectations and you would recommend us to others. We hope that when you are next in Madison you will stay with us and look forward to that visit.

Days Inn & Suites

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed for the convenience of the location. I Was actually pleasantly surprised and the cleanliness of everything. Hot tub was a plus. Alexis at the front desk was very helpful and very friendly. Only downside was the breakfast. No meat choices at all and the biscuits were not good at all. Other than that, it was all great.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the positive rating and review of our hotel, staff (Alexis) and cleanliness. We apologize that our breakfast did not meet with your approval and your feedback has been passed on to our breakfast manager to consider when she next updates the options. We are very pleased to know that Alexis took care of your needs and represented our hotel positively- she is a great asset to our team and I will pass your compliment on to her direct supervisors. We are also very happy stoked to know that we exceeded your expectations with our cleanliness and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that when you are next in Madison you will stay with us and we look forward to that visit.

Days Inn & Suites

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I was traveling through Madison during a spring blizzard and found this Days Inn at nearly midnight. I called and asked for a price a room that allowed a pet. The clerk was extremely courteous and helpful upon check-in. She assigned a room on the 3rd floor, but I was dismayed to find the beds were only partially made. There were only bottom sheets on the beds - no top sheets or blankets. All pillows, without pillowcases, were piled on one bed. The clerk brought up blankets, but when she saw the state of the room she decided to move me into the room next door. She was extremely apologetic and said they would adjust my bill for the inconvenience.

The next morning, I asked the front desk clerk about the price adjustment and he was unaware of the situation. He did give a $10 discount, which I thought was minimal.

When I checked my bank account, I saw that the hotel had charged $20 more than had been quoted and then deducted $10.

I called the hotel and spoke to a very unpleasant clerk, who said the $20 was the pet fee. I told her I had been quoted $83 and that was to have included the pet fee. She argued with me, even though she obviously did not have a clue what she was talking about.

Then I explained to her about the unmade room and having to change rooms in the middle of the night. She did not listen to me at all, proven by what she said next, which was:

"They had to move you into a pet-friendly room, which is why you had to change rooms." (not an exact quote, but close)

She thereby was effectively accusing me of sneaking in my pet, claiming that is why I had to change rooms. This was ridiculous because at least 5 people saw me walk through the lobby with my small dog.

I then repeated that I had to change rooms because of the housekeeping error. The room was NOT ready for a guest. Again, the first room was pet friendly, as was the room I was moved to, which was the room right next door. I feel that I have to emphasize this point, because of the obvious comprehension problems experienced in the very unpleasant phone conversation.

I asked to speak to her manager. She said he was not available but she gave me a name and number. also said she would call me back within the hour. She did not call back. The assistant mgr. also did not return my call.

I have worked in sales and marketing for years so I know how customers should be treated. In addition, I used to be a reservations manager at a resort, so I have a better understanding than most people of how things work.

I felt that a fair resolution would have been to take off the $20 fee. Actually, I felt it should have been a bigger discount, but I would have felt that she was working to resolve the problem. Instead, she was ignorant and argumentative from the very beginning of the conversation.

In addition to the customer service issues, there was a safety issue. Like I wrote earlier, there was a blizzard. I had to park my moving truck in the back and walk on an snowy walk to get to the back door. That did not surprise me at night, but in the morning, the walk still had not been shoveled.

If it had not been for my admittedly unique problems, the hotel would have been okay. Instead, management has chosen to show that they do not care about customer service or guest satisfaction.

This review was sent to Days Inn but did not appear on Trip Advisor, so they probably chose not to forward a bad review. I have taken out the names, which were included in the original review.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
DIBWSalesManager, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, staff and policies. We sincerelery apoligize for the issues during your stay that wound up leaving such a bad taste in your mouth after what seems to be a positive check in experience despite having to change rooms. As per my email, it is not our policy to make any guest feel as if they are being argued with or mislead in any way and it is not a policy of either the brand, or our hotel, to only post good reviews, as bad ones are the ones we value most so we know how we may improve upon our guest experiences. I am hoping that after our contact with each other and the concessions that were offered, you will give us another chance to earn your business. We hope you will visit again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.