“Good Place to Stay in Cortez”

Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a special 2 Queens with kitchen. It was very large and clean. The A/C was quiet and worked well. One of the beds squeaked horribly every time someone moved on it but the other was fine. The pool is very attractive but a bit too warm. The pool deck had a bad paint job but they are aware of it and working on solving it. Breakfast was good. Would definitely stay here again and hope they fix the pool deck

Room Tip: The 2 Queens with kitchen is only on second floor but there was no noise above us. We normally stay...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We didn't pre book but the staff at front desk were very welcoming, we checked in and were pleasantly surprised at our room. It was a great size with a king size bed and queen bed. Bathroom was a good size as well, we had a fridge, and microwave in the room. Pool and spa was just outside our door. This hotel also has a gym which was well equipped. Each floor had 2 guest laundry's , also on the ground floor is a great deck and BBQ area with an amazing view of the mountains. Restaurants within walking distance, would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 104, only fault is that the wifi did not work in this room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We stayed in one of the kitchenette rooms, which was great to have. A large room with a properly stocked kitchen, enough to even cook dinners. Our room had a wonderful view of Mesa Verde too! Property is less than 10 miles from the National Park and an easy drive to Hovenweep.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Toliets are very low to ground for tall people. Otherwise, we always stay at this motel when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites after fleeing a motel I had booked online. Upon seeing the room at this other place, I knew I couldn't stay there. I then decided that I had to keep going down the road to Cortez and not having any Internet or cell service, I didn't know what I was going to be able to find there as it was getting rather late. Upon arriving in Cortez, I was able finally to reach my sweet husband who made a reservation for me and our dog at the Baymont. The clerk at the front desk was waiting for me and had everything needed for check-in ready for me. Check-in took less than two minutes and they were very welcoming of my dog. The room was large and lovely with everything we needed: coffee maker, lots of lights, comfy bed, large bathroom, wifi, tv and fridge. And best of all it was clean. Had stayed in six different lodgings in two weeks and had my best night's sleep here. Denny's was well within walking distance and the walk there was well-lit. Parking was easy and plentiful. I could see my vehicle from my window. There were some guests at the Baymont who were numerous and loud but once inside my room, I didn't hear a thing. I felt safe staying at the Baymont. The door was sturdy and the locks were strong and in working order, a problem I'd had at the previous motel I had just run from. When I'm traveling alone with any of my dogs, I need to feel safe and I certainly did here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortez
1.8 km away
Travelodge Cortez
#14 of 16 in Cortez
0.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez? Share your experiences!