National 9 Inn Sand Canyon
US$118
US$115
US$116
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$82
US$168
US$79
Tomahawk Lodge(Cortez)(Great Value!)
US$75
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2016

As a college student traveling across the country, I always look for the cheapest prices for hotels. I realize that I am not staying in 5 star hotels, but National 9 Inn exceeded my expectations. It was clean, safe (well lit), and I had a quaint little room. Additionally, the manager/owner was very friendly and accommodating! Plus its located in a scenic location at the foot of the mountains, about 10 minutes from Mesa Verde Nat'l Park Visitors Center. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed here on a trip to Mesa verde national park. It is a clean place, not fancy or pretty but a place to rest your head. Nice flat screen tv. Very dated everything else. Nice front desk guy. Very helpful on recommendations of where to eat. There is a microwave and fridge in the room. It takes a long time for the hot water to warm up for a hot shower so be patient. Pool was empty of water.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2016

The best thing I can say about this place is that... uhmm.. sorry.... nothing. We had reserved ahead through a third party booking service, thank goodness. When we drove up, we were appalled by what we saw. Trash all over the walks, beat up furniture in front of the rooms, construction materials filling the pool - not water. OK, so they were renovating, but that no one told us or gave us any discount. We were expecting a motel as described in their literature. Bad enough that we now had to scramble to find other accommodations. The point of reserving ahead was to make sure we had a room for the night. Now, we had none, because this place should have been condemned. We were NOT going to carry our luggage over piles of trash to get into our room. So we went immediately to the office and told them we could not stay in a place in these conditions and wanted to cancel our reservation. THEY REFUSED, insisting that we pay for the nights we had reserved. Fortunately, we made our reservations through Booking.com and *they* returned our money.
By now, the renovations might be complete - but perhaps not. When we found another motel, the owners there told us the "Naitonal 9" had been going through these "renovations" for years. The owner was doing the work himself. EVEN IF DONE, the attitude of the owner is such that I would not trust them to make sure I had a decent room for the night. And with all the DIY renovations, who knows what problems might still exist.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank jim g
Reviewed 24 August 2015

the owner rude and pushy, the room was horrible, it smells, it was dated and felt unsafe, after seeing the room I declined to stay there and asked to refund my credit card which he did not and then proceeded to use my credit card information to charge more funds. I ended up in a long drawl out dispute with my bank to reclaim my money. they are crooks and the motel is in horrible shape.

Room Tip: cortex has many more Motels/hotels to choose from, ANY of them would be better
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
8  Thank srs_11
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Bob the proprietor was very helpful
The pool was a real bonus
The room was clean and comfortable
The township offered excellent bars and eateries.
With free entertainment put on by the Cultural Centre each evening
Drive to Monument Valley was spectacular and a visit to the Four Corners - where the 4 States meet

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple