“DONT NOT STAY HERE”

National 9 Inn Sand Canyon
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Reviewed 24 August 2015

the owner rude and pushy, the room was horrible, it smells, it was dated and felt unsafe, after seeing the room I declined to stay there and asked to refund my credit card which he did not and then proceeded to use my credit card information to charge more funds. I ended up in a long drawl out dispute with my bank to reclaim my money. they are crooks and the motel is in horrible shape.

Room Tip: cortex has many more Motels/hotels to choose from, ANY of them would be better
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
8  Thank srs_11

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Bob the proprietor was very helpful
The pool was a real bonus
The room was clean and comfortable
The township offered excellent bars and eateries.
With free entertainment put on by the Cultural Centre each evening
Drive to Monument Valley was spectacular and a visit to the Four Corners - where the 4 States meet

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2015

The hardest thing was understanding the owner as you check in. The room wasn't too bad for just one night. There were no queen rooms left when I arrived so I took the king because I was tired and didn't want to drive further down the street. I probably should have...no continental breakfast- just toast or a bagel with peanut butter and jam. The tv was not that great for cable and there were no lists of which channel was what. Most motels I have stayed in have a little book for what to do nearby, the channels available, and other information that may be needed. The tub did have a leaky faucet. It was around 10:45 when I arrived, or I would have chosen something else- even camping at the KOA in Cortez.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2015

We were late driving and we had a reservation. Handed the card over just to get to bed. It was nice that they got up to let us in. This is a family run business and the next morning when we went to check on the room rate - it was higher that I was told on the phone. It took some "haggling" but we got the same price deal he was giving others ( still not what we thought it was supposed to be). Friend with me was not happy since she was phone quoted another cheaper rate. The room was clean and bathroom okay. The outside door did not seal tightly. AC is a window unit, but it cooled okay. They had coffee and some breakfast stuff in the lobby. Since we were only sleeping there and not actually spending time in the room it fit our purposes. Not a place I am likely to stay again though. (Pool was VERY tiny - did not use it, so I cannot rate it)

Room Tip: All in the same immediate area - so I don't think it made much difference.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim B
Reviewed 30 June 2015

This property definitely needs renovation. Dirty floors, minimal cable TV, no amenities other than free WiFi (worked fine) and free parking. Everything has been used well (which is not a positive statement). Dirt in corners of room and windows.

Room Tip: They don't exist.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo