All reviews rose petals brownie rudyard kipling king david parlor room browning room historical tour house is beautiful long stem an amazing cook wonderful hosts rich history place to stay every morning trip to hot springs hot springs area bathhouse row
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We have visited here many, many times over the past 14 years. As always it was 5 star! The food is excellent! The innkeepers are the best! If anyone was called to a service David and Rebecca were certainly called to do this. Five minutes in the door and you feel like old friends. We have tried every room at least once and I'm at a loss to pick a favorite. So looking forward to our next visit!

Larry and Linda Anderson
Sherwood AR

Room tip: You would have to see the website and look at each room to choose what is best for you.
Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Linda A
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We had 3 of us in the Rose Room, my wife and I and our 20 year old son.

They must have 5 rooms upstairs since the 2nd day we were there 4 other couples/ familes were at the breakfast table and the house was big enough that we hardly saw the others other than at breakfast.

This room was big enough for all of us, our son slept on the twin day bed, while my wife and I used the Queen.

We did not see too much of Rebecca (although she is very nice and welcoming) , she was under the weather, but still fixed the most excellent breakfasts, so probably just as well. But Stacy was very helpful and accomodating during our visit.

The breakfasts were the best. Bring a big appetite in the morning because there is plenty to eat including a dessert course both days we were there last week. On the first day, the last (dessert) course was a raspberry pancake and the 2nd day was a chocolate pie.

There was also a 1st course muffin and interesting/ diferent juice mixture each day followed by a different exotic looking and fantastic tasting egg dish with fresh fruit for the main course.

They also had 2 Kuerig (sp?) make you own delicious coffee makers in the dining room available all day long it seemed.

There was also a small room off the dining room that had all day cookies and brownies and an endless supply of bottled water and soft drinks. And, a refrigerator where we could save some of our leftovers we couldn't finish from dinner.

The weather was hot last week so the two window A/C units in our room went non-stop and were a little noisy. Fortunately, we went hiking around the area most of both days so nothing would have kept us awake at night.

They were apparently doing some repairs to the roof and flashing around the house, but what would you expect from a home that is more than 130 years old. There were scaffold type boards on the porch outside our room that made it fairly un-usable. However it was really too hot to sit outside and have glass of wine in the evening, so I had mine in the Men's or ladies parlor downstairs (very comfortable, relaxing and quite).

They also offered many good reccomendations for dinner and easy to follow maps of the area.

The Wildwood is about 3/4 of a mile north of the main sites and restaurants along Central Ave., a little further than we thought it would be. But, we love to walk everywhere and did not mind that distance.

Overall a very nice visit and time spent with our family and one day with 4 other couples / families.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank raybyerley
Reviewed 2 August 2016

My husband and I could not have found a better place to spend our 38th wedding anniversary. David & Rebecca made us feel as if we were family. We stayed in the King David room (Thanks to Rebecca) the first night and it was perfect! The room was lit with candles and soft music playing in the background making for a very romantic setting. The second night we stayed in the Safari Suite and it was far more than we expected. Each morning Rebecca prepared a 3 course breakfast served by her staff whom was very pleasant and entertaining. Definitely the place to stay and we look forward to staying at 1884 Wildwood again. Linda & Calvin Smith

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank lpsmith20
Reviewed 30 July 2016

The most wonderful food I've ever had at a Bed and Breakfast. Rebecca goes all out to make sure the 3-4 course breakfast is presented pretty, as well as tastes good. Everything is clean, comfortable, and private, as you come and go as you please. My daughter and I enjoyed the friendly staff that made us feel at home. We will definitely go back. Rebecca shared the history of the 1884 mansion, along with pictures of the original family owners. You can tell the house is well preserved and loved. I can't say enough about how well we were pampered. You won't be disappointed with your stay.

Room tip: We stayed in the Rose Room. It also had a daybed. It had a walk in shower. Got to see all the rooms. They're all nice
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 585lacey
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Last minute my husband and I decided to go to hot springs for the weekend. We found the Wildwood Bed and Breakfast, since it was such late notice we were nervous that we wouldn't be able to get a room. We called, they were very quick to return our call and find a room for us. We stayed in the Barrett Browning Room, which is actually the original master suite of the estate. The room was absolutely lovely! Very clean, with an oh so cozy bed!! It was a very romantic stay!! They also have fresh made brownies and drinks available to all the guests. The breakfast was very delicious! The proprietors are very helpful, and will even set up reservations at the local baths, or recommend a fantastic restaurants. For any guest that would like to they offer the history of the home and a tour!! Which was so fascinating, definitely would recommend staying for that.
I highly recommend this B&B!!

Room tip: Barrett Browning room, it doesn't have the Jacuzzi tub, but is absolutely beautiful.
Date of stay: January 2016