All reviews convention center elevators were slow chocolate gravy austin hotel free breakfast sliding door within walking distance parking garage shuttle service the hotel staff hotel restaurant bathhouse row very nice hotel comfortable beds great place to stay downtown area enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 7 November 2018

The Hotel Hot Springs is first class!

While in Hot Springs to be the keynote speaker for a state conference of adult educators, we were booked into the hotel as it is also host site for their event.

Check in was a breeze. Cleanliness is high all around - lobby, entrance/outside, rooms, etc.

The room has obviously been redone recently and very well!
There is hardwood-looking floors and classy design with natural wood colors and simple, tasteful decor. (no crazy hotel art!)

We are very pleased and would certainly return here on a personal visit as well.

Room tip: great views from most floors, but higher is better here! Great window views from the rooms and even the hallways.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
NickH4303, Front Office Manager at The Hotel Hot Springs & Spa Trademark Collection by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dr. McClure, thank you for sharing your wonderful comments regarding your stay! We're happy to have you and all of the adult educators here at our hotel and look forward to having you and your group stay with us again!

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

My best gal and I decided to stay downtown so that we could walk to everything. The hotel was a perfect choice. We hiked, enjoyed a bath house, and hit some shops. Perhaps the best part of this place was the bartender, Matt aka Tako. He was so pleasant to talk to and provided helpful advice on which places to visit while in town. On top of that, the food was so good sitting at the bar and the Long Islands were amazing. We will be back again and will look forward to a friendly face at the bar.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 612jamij
NickH4303, Front Office Manager at The Hotel Hot Springs & Spa Trademark Collection by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you Jami for sharing your wonderful comments! We enjoyed having you and your friend stay with us. We'll be sure to give a "thumbs up" to Tako (Matt) as well. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Hot Springs!

Reviewed 2 November 2018

I stayed here recently as part of a work conference and had a wonderful experience with both the property and the staff. The renovations to the rooms and facilities are 99% complete and you can tell that they are taking the job seriously. My room was modern and inviting. The bed was fantastic and the walk-in shower was a an awesome treat for somebody as tall as I am. My experience with the staff was stellar and I will make a point to stay at this property again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NickH4303, Front Office Manager at The Hotel Hot Springs & Spa Trademark Collection by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! We'll be sure to share them with our staff as well. Thank you for choosing The Hotel Hot Springs for your travel stay and look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 30 October 2018

I did have to speak with a member of housekeeping during my stay. The housekeeping staff was friendly and happy to help with my request. I did notice however that the towels in my room were frayed and worn. The walls and trim were painted white so it was easy to notice the dark colored dust that had settled on the baseboards. The hotel elevator had many broken tiles in it. I understood by overhearing a conversation with the front desk clerk that the hotel was under new ownership. Now would be the perfect time to spruce up those small details that are often overlooked. The front desk staff did there job efficiently but there was certainly no extra kindness or smiles involved. It just seemed to be a bother.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NickH4303, Front Office Manager at The Hotel Hot Springs & Spa Trademark Collection by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay. We are undergoing some changes and these issues will be fixed immediately. We appreciate you choosing The Hotel Hot Springs and hope you will choose us for your next travel destination when you visit again.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Checked in about 10 pm. Front desk was nice but didn’t explain any amenities like breakfast, spa, WiFi, etc. Parking is a block from the hotel which is semi far. They offer valet if you want to pay. We arrived to the room and the room was nicely remodeled and appeared clean. The heat was on high when we arrived. I used the thermostat to turn down the temp and it wasn’t on. I had to adjust on the unit, not a big deal but just weird. Beds were comfortable. We had three people in the room staying for two nights but they only have us two of each towel. When using the towels the seam of every towel was falling out and were honestly rag towels. You could tell that these towels were in use since it was the Austin hotel. When adjusting the temp on the air unit before leaving for the day, I noticed the vents were very dirty and moldy. Gross. I won’t be staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Explorer21246542891

Thank you so much for taking time to provide feedback. Your comments are extremely important to us and will be shared with staff and management. We are so sorry to hear about the towels and housekeeping issues. We do hope you will give us another chance in the future when you visit Hot Springs.