“Desk clerk was rude & Hung up on me twice”

The Springs Hotel & Spa
Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Jefferson County
“Desk clerk was rude & Hung up on me twice”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

As I sit in my hotel room, I wonder....how can such a nice hotel have such a rude person working for them?

We have NO hot water so we are waiting to see if we are going to get some. Front desk was called twice & after rudely telling me he couldn't do anything about it, then hanging up on me, I went down to see what was up. He again couldn't tell me, and was rude. As we asked who the
Mgr. Was & walked away he shouted 45 minutes OKAY!!! mind you check out time is 11:00 am and it is now 10:00 am. I'm not happy & doubt I will stay here again. $100/ night for no hot water & a rude person is not something I wish to tolerate again!!! The hotel us very nice, clean & comfortable, but that 1 rude male desk clerk ruined it for me.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank bearkeke2
virginiawilliams, Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
We do apologize about our hot water problem this past weekend. Things happen and eqiupment breaks down- we thought we had the problem fixed a few weeks ago. Our plumber came in on Sunday and helped us find a temporary fix to the problem until we could get new parts on Monday. We were told to let guests know that the water should get hot again within 45 minutes of the repair, which we did.

These guests called and spoke with the manager on Monday morning and she did take care of this situation and again apologized.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Nixa
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend. I do agree with the review that the hotel smells musty and old as soon as you walk in, could have something to do with the numerous water leaks in the ceiling. Although the rooms were clean, we noticed what looked like a space heater in the floor when we walked in and to my surprise, it was in fact a space heater! BIG RED FLAG! the second day we left for breakfast and when we returned, our outlets did not work, I called the front desk and they fixed the problem. I was convinced that the hotel may burn down because of faulty wiring or from someone placing something too close to a space heater. Furniture is out dated and walls are WAY too thin. Parking is less than desirable. Bottom line, this hotel is WAY OVER PRICED! it does have a good location but spend your money on the gas to drive a little instead of being very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leona T
virginiawilliams, Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
We are sorry these guests were situated in a room where the heater had quit working, it was our fault we did not take the room offline. The room should not have been rented out with this problem and we do apologize. Even saying this- these guests never complained about the heater nor did they call the front desk to ask about it. The employee who checked these guests in remembers them being very pleasant with no complaints. If this guest would call us, we will be happy to take care of them.

Last but not least- our hotel does not smell musty!

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We are so happy that we chose to stay at the Springs Hotel and Spa. The staff were wonderful and so friendly. They went way out of there way to be helpful and kind, the spa was great as well. The lobby was decorated for Christmas because we were there in the beginning of December (sorry, I have been busy with the holidays) and was just beautiful. It is a great location downtown. If you are looking for a "5 star" hotel with personality, hospitality, cleanliness and all around great this place is for you. If you are looking for a "chain hotel", that consider themselves 4 or 5 stars and was built in the past 5 years this is not the place for you to stay but you will be missing a wonderful place. Thank you again all of the staff at The Springs, you were GREAT!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the mountain side and had no problems with noise. The street side would be nice if you...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy1118
virginiawilliams, General Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Benton, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I had somewhat low expectations of the hotel and was pleasantly suprised! The rooms were very nice and so was the staff. We did encounter a small problem with our room, but once it was brought to the front desk agents attention it was immediately resolved. The hotel is nice, not new, but well kept. The lobby area is also nicely decorated and the gift shop inside is perfect for shopping! I will stay again next year.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Andrea B
We look forward to having you here again soon. Thanks for the review, it is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 30 November 2011

hubby and I decided to take a quick trip to Arkansas on Veterans weekend and chose the Spring for its price and location. We read all the reviews good and bad and were not discouraged by the bad. This is a historic Hotel and quite authentic! We found the staff to be welcoming, the location Devine, and the accommodations were comfortable. Nothing negative to say! We had a cliff view room and the view was gorgeous with the fall colors. We cannot wait to go again.

Room Tip: Go for the cliff view rooms on the back side of the Hotel. That way you don't get the street noi...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MollyGwood
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us- we look farward to taking care of you again in the near future.