1,856 results
All reviews al capone grand old hotel bath house mineral water step back in time bathhouse row modern hotel pool and hot tub national park hiking trails central avenue front porch downtown area downtown hot springs history piped baths
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I stayed at this historic hotel. Even tho it is over 100 years old.....it is very clean. In fact, the new owner is making upgrades to services & amenities of the hotel. We also had dinner in the Venetian Dining Room. Amy was our server who not only smiled and fulfilled our every request.......she sang a song at our table! Wow! Exemplary service and a little more fun during dinner. If you go, be sure to request Amy from the Arlington wait-staff. We could tell that she really enjoys her job!

Room tip: any room is nice...I had king bed with shower. Ask for the old fashioned tubs. Fun!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Gaye H, Guest Relations Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback about your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed it and will be certain to share your compliments with Amy! I would like to point out that although the Arlington Hotel Company is well over 100 years old, this particular hotel had it's grand opening on NYE 1924, after being rebuilt from a terrible fire. This is the 3rd Arlington and we are excited about celebrating 100 years in this hotel in the near future! We hope you can join us! Thanks again.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

This was a quick three day trip and The Arlington Hotel and Spa was absolutely wonderful. Grand old hotel, very nice and clean rooms!!!! The staff was great and very helpful, I felt as though they truly wanted to take care of me. If you come to Hot Springs, AR, best stay at The Arlington. Lots of downtown shopping is within short walking distances from the hotel. The Friday night seafood buffet was OUTSTANDING! The staff at the bar and lounge were really great and the live music made it all so much more than fun. I will be here time and time again. Thanks to all the staff at The Arlington Hotel and Spa!

Room tip: 9th floor worked best for me. Great views, very quiet.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank dutchwhite001
Gaye H, Guest Relations Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

We appreciate your kind words and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here - including the food, entertainment, location, rooms (we have been deep-cleaning!) and our friendly staff. I will be sure to share your comments and appreciation with them. Thank you for choosing the Arlington. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

First, I have to say, I’ve been in love with this place since I was a little girl, so there IS a slight bias! I’ve been several times (as a child) but never stayed. I remember walking down the halls once, running my hands up and down the louvered doors and considering the lack of privacy. I didn’t realized there was a solid backing...and I’m sure I was too busy with some fantastically fun tale of gangsters and politicians and scandal going on in my head to notice the solidity if only I were brazen enough to take a peak.
Now, 20 years later, I return for the first time and stay two nights at this beloved hotel that has some pretty God-awful reviews. I was hesitant; I’m not going to lie! But I had to check it off the Bucket List anyway. To set the record straight...remodeling IS IN PROGRESS. But you’re not going to find a newly refreshed state-of-the-art building and resort style rooms akin to the Marriott. This is a HISTORIC HOTEL. Peeling paint? ✔️ Weird smells and sounds? ✔️✔️ Old vibe in general? ✔️ But isn’t that part of the charm of places like this? Because the general aesthetic is to die for! The staff? AMAZING! If you’re not into history and character, then you should definitely go to the Hilton or whatever newfangled place suits you, but the Arlington...this is where stories are made.

*I regret that I have no pics to share. I was too busy enjoying my stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan P
Gaye H, Guest Relations Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

We appreciate your kind words about our awesome staff and the ambiance of the Arlington in general. It is indeed a unique hotel with a rich history! We are very happy that you were able to fulfill your childhood plan to stay with us and hope that you will return again. Thank you!

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Just checked in hoping for a quaint historic experience but am extremely disappointed. The valet told us that the hotel was empty so I thought we would get a good room or maybe even an upgrade, instead we have the dirtiest most rundown room I’ve ever stayed in. If it wasn’t for my husband I’d be at the desk demanding a refund!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathyS151

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that you were not pleased with your room and wish we had the opportunity to have relocated you to a room that was more suitable to you. We want all of our guests to be comfortable and would have been happy to show other rooms to you. On a more positive note, we are excited to say that we are in the planning stages for renovation in the near future! We do appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I'd read nothing but good reviews about this place and for my impromptu trip to Hot Springs, I really wanted to stay in an authentic and historic hotel right in the center of town. The Arlington does not disappoint, but my only complaint is the price point for what you get. The rooms are nice, but scuffed up...literally the walls just need some fresh paint to give it a face lift. The hotel looks like it's undergoing some renovations and so the entire promenade/mall area was vacant and unwelcoming. I hope they choose to bring back more of the unique historic qualities of what it used to really be like to stay in such a grand hotel. The pool was closed to improvements as it had cracked siding, astroturf everywhere, and a general unappealing quality to it. If you're looking for an elegant pool, this isn't your place. The room service food itself was pretty god awful, so just don't bother.

Despite all the areas for improvement, this hotel does still have a fully operating bath house with all original fixtures and it's awesome! I would definitely stay at the Arlington again.

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the historic promenade
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 929beverlyc
Gaye H, Guest Relations Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As you noted, the hotel is undergoing upgrades in some areas right now and we are pleased to say that plans are underway for a more extensive renovation in the near future, particularly in some of the areas you mentioned. We are sorry that the food you had through Room Service was unappealing. Thank you very much for staying with us. We are happy that you enjoyed that Bath House and plan to return!