“Run from this place!!!”

Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Run from this place!!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I had read about the "historic" Arlington hotel on the internet and it looked like a great place to go;
however, when my husband and I arrived for a long weekend to attend the races at Oaklawn, I knew I had made a major mistake. The hotel is very TIRED and awful looking. You can be historic but for goodness sakes, do renovatios and do them right! Our room had two full-size beds that had adequate bedding and looked clean. The bathroom was filthy! The tub needed a re-glaze or replacement as did the toilet and sink. The shelf above the sink was tilted towards the sink and if you weren't careful, anything you put up on that shelf would fall into the sink and there is no stopper, so anything would go down the drain. The fixtures for the towels and tissue box looked like they had not been cleaned forever. There was dirt and goo on the back side of the door, one of the marks was blood. The only good thing about the bath was that it did have adequate hot water. The shower head, however, was so low, my 6'2" husband
had to bend over to wet his hair.
All of the woodwork in the room had been repainted so many times (and not well) and had not been cleaned for some time. The curtains were dirty as were the blackout liners. Plaster was peeling from the walls and ceiling, the tiles in the shower were chipped and mildewed. The bath towels were so thin and old, my fitness center has much more luxurious ones. Paint splatters were on the floor and tub. The carpet in the bedroom should have been taken out and torched. Our windows were unlocked when we came in the room and seeing as no security safe was available in the room, I took my jewelry everywhere with me. The furniture was barely adequate and almost flea market-looking.

We ate breakfast there one morning and went through their breakfast buffet. Things were not
replenished and did not look in the least yummy. We also had a group of people in for the Friday seafood buffet. Not impressed.

It was $15 per day to park at the Arlington. I think some serious cash needs to go into this hotel. Save your money and go to one of the chain hotels--much cleaner!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank dcgreen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The Arlington itself is fabulous. Historic hotel. Not renovated, but everything works that you need.

But the pool area is unbelievable. It is even usable in cold weather. I know because I was there in December and the hot tub was great and one of the pools (top one) was 82 and I used it even though I had to bring my robe to get back inside. It is a hot tub cascading down to one pool, and then another. Beautiful.

We have stayed there twice so far (Dec. and early April), and we will be back. They have free parking, and also, it is really easy to drive your car in and out to where you need to go.

This is a superb oasis, whether as a destiantion, or as a stopover (as it is for us)

The food in the restaurants is great value for breakfast and lunch, but, for dinner, I would look elsewhere. Angels in the Park next door is superb. Try the Veal Marsala.

Room Tip: In a basic room, ask for one of the ones with a round table. They are bigger. We were in 515. Las...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank careyeroslib
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed at the Arlington in Hot Springs AR. Checking in March 30th and leaving April 1st. Hot Springs is so very beautiful this time of year. We love going to the races at Oaklawn! We have not been in about 3 years. We always stay at the Arlington and have been going there for at least 20 years. I know the hotel is historical but it has really gone down hill. I know they can (and should) do better for $200 a night! We had the "Al Capone" which included valet parking, spa, breakfast, 2 tickets to the gangster museum and room. Our room was one of the worst rooms I have ever stayed in......ever! The carpet was gross, the bathroom had mold on the tiles and ceiling, the paint was peeling, the TV was way old fashioned! The beds were ok. There was no heat as they had already turned on the a/c! WE FROZE! They told us they could get us some heaters, but we declined and used extra blankets but were still cold. The breakfast left a lot to be desired (so we only ate there one time instead of the two we paid for). The hotel staff needs to be trained as no one we encountered was up to par. The front desk person was very rude and wouldn't even take the time to answer any questions.The front of the hotel needs painting and they had some crappy tables and chairs out on the veranda. The only nice staff members we encountered were the bell hops and the spa workers (except for the receptionists who were busy talking to each other and cutting out coupons from the paper! and they were rude, like I had interrupted them from their socializing). The spa was a very good experience. I had a bath and massage and the staff was great! As mentioned before we spent $200 per night.......not worth it at all. I vow to never stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Queen001

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel has chipped paint in room but the bed linens were first rate. Most of the bathroom fixtures were pre-1960's. The large lobby and sitting area had a bar in midst with four different beers on tap as well as usual liquors. The lobby decor was comfortable with touches of magnificence. The dining room had original 1940's wallpaper, so elegantly patterned as from an early 20th century great home. The front of the hotel had a wrap around porch with numerous tables and benches. The staff were extremely pleasant, seeming to be a mixture of hometown locals and recent immigrants. The therapeutic bath of the third floor spa was oddly clinical but very relaxing. The hotel is across the street from the NPS Park. This part of the park is landscaped with a steaming pool I found magical. Arlington was extremely welcoming to my dog. I recommend visiting Dryden American Pottery, amazing skill and practical beauty, lovely glazes.

Room Tip: All guests accompanied by a dog stay on the 6th floor. Request to be on the side of the park. This...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Atkins, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The Arlington Hotel in Hot Springs Arkansas is an amazing place to stay. If you are looking for a place that provides you with Southern Charm, outstanding hospitality, excellent service, then the Arlington is for you.
Winrock International just went to the Arlington for a three day retreat and meetings. We had a great time. The Arlington staff worked tirelessly to provide meals, meetings rooms and services that were beyond our expectations.
They provided a wide range of services from meetings rooms, meals and spa and salon services. If your organization is looking for all inclusive hotel and meetings space, check out the Arlington.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and spacious, can’t go wrong with any of them!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business