All reviews truck parking the general manager hocking hills bagels free breakfast chuck beds desk handicap chain
Reviewed 4 May 2018

was charged more then what i was told again for a dirty room second time with this property owner gives all hotels like his a black eye soon it will be a crime for hotels to charge or what they say overcharge

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We came in for a funeral, we booked through booking.com. The gentleman up front was so so sweet and helpful. Gave me awesome advice on saving money. We got there at 11:45am and Check in time wasn’t until 3pm I was worried I would have to buy a whole day. But he went ahead and let us check in at no additional charge. It’s a older hotel but decent if you are looking for a cheap place to crash your head. And they have free breakfast !!! Definitely will be back !!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2018

This is an older hotel and it has probably been a struggle to keep up. The room was good sized, although the shower/toilet area was tight. The sink area was easy to get to though. Biggest complaint was that the carpet was dirty, and should be replaced. You will want to wear shoes or slippers when crossing it. The mattress was fairly worn out, as you could it was not flat. We were happy to see the easy chair, but it , too, was worn out. The desk chair was in good shape and comfortable. Internet service was very good. The bath/sink area was cleaned as well as could be hoped for. The breakfast that was included was pretty much toast and coffee.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 September 2017

After checking in...we were told we were in the 2nd building. Even though there were large trucks parked nearby. we had a very restful sleep. the breakfast had choices of cold cereal, hot cereal, English muffins, waffles, bagels, toast.Hot coffee, Milk and juice. the tables and chairs were freshly wiped. plenty of seating for hungry folks. Reasonably priced. AND a short trip to Hocking Hills.

Room tip: I have photos but do not know how to down load them.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 2kantravel
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I was supposed to stay in Chillicothe Sunday night. I called Saturday because I didn't plan to make the trip anylonger. I was on the road from Wednesday last week.. I was in Columbus then Cincy /Franklin and the last stop was to be Chillicothe then home, I cancelled my last leg and just wanted to go home.
I called Saturday when I know I would not need the hotel room. Brittany answered the phone, she was rude to me, and told me that I booked on line thru a booking engine that I could not cancel thu her. She told me to call booking.com and gave me the number to reach them. I called them and waited on hold for almost an hour to speak to someone , when they told me I haven't booked online with them for anything since 2014. They could not help me. So I called the hotel again. Brittany was still working and she answered again. This time, she told me she could "cancel on her end" but I would still be charge by who ever "they" had booked my room and there was nothing she could do about it. I asked her who "they" was so
i could in fact call them, she could not tell me. I advised her over and over during these calls that I had called America's Best directly and made my reservation. She told me her manager was there, his name was Steve, she talked to him but he was not willing to help, she would not put him on the phone and told me to call whoever I made the reservation with, or else I was still going to get charged. I called back once more later just to see if anyone else would answer but her, but no luck. I was very worried, and got up early since she said Steve started working at 7a, and drove to Chillicothe from Franklin so I could get his help.
When I arrived, Steve apologized and told me Brittany didn't understand that I had called central America's BEst and not the location I was standing in to make the reservation but she didn't understand the reservation system, that my stay was indeed cancelled and he gave me his word in writing, that I would not be held responsible for charges should I be debited for my stay. He verbatim said that for 8-10$ an hour could not expect someone to work there who understands much.
What the actual hell is going on with your company?
I spent 2 hours on the phone and over two extra hours driving on my way home to cancel a reservation that should have taken 2 seconds to do on the phone with a competent representative.
I am going to complain to anyone who would listen.

Date of stay: July 2017