US$199
Hampton.com
US$143
QualityInn
Best Western Adena Inn(Chillicothe)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$153
HIExpress.com
Rodeway Inn(Circleville)
US$125
All reviewsthe breakfast areanice hotelfast foodthe room was nicehotel chainwifi worked wellpancake machinebiscuitscomfortable bedsnice stayin townparking lotfront desk clerkgreat jobdefinitely stay here againoff the highwayconvenient location
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Tired after driving all day. Read other reviews and was a bit apprehensive staying here as I was traveling alone, but highest rated new place had snippy girl answering phone that turned me right off, and second highest had no rooms. Very pleased with this HIE! Night clerk was very helpful and friendly, and the room was fantastic. I especially liked the barn-style sliding door between bathroom and bedroom that made it feel more like a suite than just the normal motel room. Morning clerk and manager were also very nice and the woman taking care of the breakfast buffet couldn't have been more attentive and thoughtful! This facility is located right next to the freeway, easy on and easy off. Well lit parking lot. I was very comfortable with staying here alone and enjoyed the quiet, comfortable, restful stay and good breakfast before hitting the road again. Will definitely be staying here again and would recommend this facility to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Amanda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Good Morning, Ms. Linda--

I remember speaking with you the morning of your departure-- your words of encouragement were a great way to start our day and are a pleasure to read now! I am so pleased our staff and property exceeded your expectations as we take so much pride in the services we provide to guests.

I agree--the barn-style doors are a fantastic addition to our rooms and am confident there is not a better, more attentive Breakfast Attendant around. Ms. Elsa's smile is infectious and I am so happy you were able to experience her service-- she truly sets the bar!

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to impress you. I am certain our staff will continue to serve you and yours well during your visits to come.

Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I travel to Chillicothe for business at least twice a month and every time I see Elsa from the breakfast/kitchen area she is always so welcoming and friendly and always makes you feel like at your comfort of your own home.

Regards
Ray

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ranierrosales

Good Morning,

Ray, I have to agree with you-- Ms. Elsa is a true gift to our team and property. The pride she takes in the service she provides to our guests is unparalleled and infectious around property. I am pleased to hear our property has become your home-away-from home; making our guests feel like family is something we strive for on a daily basis.

I am pleased to share your experiences with our staff members as I know it will provide positive motivation to continue exceeding expectations. Thank you for allowing us to serve you and yours during your visits to Chillicothe-- we look forward to next time!

Holiday Inn Express- Chillicothe
Amanda.wickham@thewitnessgroup.com

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My wife and I recently spent 1 night here on a trip through the area. We just needed a basic yet predictable place to stay. This HIE is like most others in which I've stayed. It was clean, with decent wifi, comfortable beds and friendly service. It is convenient to the local 4 lane with dining and fuel options nearby. The breakfast was standard HIE fare. As stated, No Complaints. If you've stayed in a HIE you've seen others like this one.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Lindsey W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear highdesertbadger,
I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. We value your feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Although you had no complaints which is great, I want to use your experience to coach my team to really give that "WOW" factor to our guests so that we can exceed expectations. I am pleased to hear that your are comfortable and familiar with the brand. We look forward to having you again if ever you find yourself traveling through again. Sincerely,
Lindsey White
Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel appears to in a sketchy area of town, based on the 6ft chain link fence around the property. The outside appearance is somewhat overgrown. There is obvious maintenance needs. Stayed only one night as was just traveling thru the area. The breakfast was the bare minimum, other than the pancake machine.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Hello nctravelerharley,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I regret that your stay did not turn 100% satisfactory due to the breakfast selection and the general condition of the hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have faced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed overnight after seeing the Tecumseh show. It was an easy and convenient location to the show, just a few miles away. The hotel is nicely decorated, the color scheme is beautiful. That's not something I normally notice in a hotel. The room was nice and clean, except for the shower curtain. It was pretty badly stained and could be replaced. The beds were comfortable and we slept great. It was a quiet stay.

My only concern was with breakfast. We stay at hotels that provide breakfast in order to save a little money when traveling. Breakfast is served from 6-10am. I made it downstairs at 9:30 and there were no eggs, no biscuits, and no meats that I could see. I did see the breakfast attendant come over and look at these items and then go back to the kitchen. I assumed she went back to get more food. So I went back up to my room to get my bags and figured more food would be out. I came back downstairs 10 minutes later and the food trays for these items were completely gone. 20 minutes before breakfast was over and almost all of the hot breakfast items were gone for the day. We ended up having to go out for breakfast. We are usually up much earlier for breakfast at a hotel, but we were up late and were sleeping so well that we didn't get up for breakfast as early as usual.

Overall it was a very nice stay and we would stay again. I would just be sure to get to breakfast no later that 9am in order to have all items available.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 18 August 2017

Dear Valerie,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to provide our team with constructive criticism. I am happy to hear there were many enjoyable elements to your stay and that, overall, your time spent in Chillicothe was pleasant. We have made note of the areas mentioned where our performance could have been better. Specifically, we have worked with our Housekeeping team to review proper cleaning procedures and reiterate the importance of attention to detail.

I am very sorry to hear you were unable to enjoy our fantastic breakfast, even after two attempts. Unfortunately, during your stay we did not receive a critical order which would have allowed us to maintain all items of our breakfast buffet throughout its entire course. Our Breakfast Attendants have been trained on how to effectively communicate ordering issues and breakfast shortfalls to management so problems such as these can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope we have the opportunity to impress you on your next trip to Chillicothe!

Guest Services Supervisor