All reviews the breakfast area nice hotel fast food pancakes the room was nice hotel chain pancake machine biscuits comfortable beds in town parking lot nice stay front desk clerk above average great job definitely stay here again off the highway
Reviewed 23 September 2015

Carpets were stained and dirty... and bathroom counter-tops had hair and some kinda creme on them. Had maid vacuum Floor and clean bathroom. Then when we got ready for bed we found a dead cockroach under sheets... the front desk girl said that was rare and that we could have another room... instead we opted for spraying the room. But we took our luggage outside for the remainder of our stay. Room had a slight mildew smell that we covered with air freshener we bought at the Walgreens around the corner. Breakfast wasn't bad looking, but we were a little apprehensive after the cockroach, so we opted for a restaurant.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MrRoff
Susan V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I first must say that we take cleanliness at our hotel very seriously. We also exterminate in a regular basis so I am very sad to hear of your experience. Please feel free to call me at the hotel so we can make this right. Again, thank you so much for your review.

Susan Valentine, GM
Chillicothe, OH

Reviewed 21 September 2015

I am a dedicated Holiday Inn Express patron when I travel. So staying at this location after a long day's drive was a real disappointment. There are no convenient restaurants nearby - except the Moe's fast food next door; and when I asked the front desk staff for restaurant recommendations she gave me the name of a BBQ place and directions -- which I was unable to find after driving all over. Although the hotel was clean, it had nothing to brag about with their "best rate" which was AARP at $173/night for a midweek stay. Nowhere to eat....mediocre breakfast...average room. I should have gone on a bit further down the road and found something else. Next time I'm in the area I'll do that...and I suggest that you do the same.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Susan V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your thoughts. I am sorry to hear that you had a hard time finding a place to eat. Where we are located, we are very close to an array of wonderful restaurants. My apologies that you didn't get the correct directions and info to your destination. As for your rate, please check out our different packages and rates during different travel times. Again, thank you for you review, we take pride in our hotel and we want every guest happy! If there is anything I can do, please let me know!

Susan Valentine, GM
Holiday Inn Express - Chillicothe East

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

Beds are hard if you sleep on your side. Breakfast was mediocre and barely warm. Low flow shower heads make it hard to rinse shampoo out of your hair. Room was very clean and staff very friendly.

Glad I only stayed for one night.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Susan V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you took to review us. We will review your comments, share with our staff. We hope that you will be back to visit us soon.

Thank you!

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

My family and I stayed here over the weekend while visiting Chillicothe to see Tecumseh, which is the best-kept secret in the state. Despite having requested an early check-in, and having received verbal confirmation from the front desk via telephone two days prior to our visit that our room would be ready for us by three p.m., it was not, due to a housekeeping staffing issue. The front desk clerk did offer to let us keep our baggage in their office until the room was ready, and did provide us with a late check-out, which was both kind and appropriate. Both rooms used by my party were very clean and all the room amenities functioned properly - minifridge was clean and cold, television was larger than expected with an excellent selection of channels. The indoor pool was clean but freezing, although that mattered little to the kids, who still loved it. There were only two towels at the pool and, when no one came to replace them despite the front desk having been notified, we had to run back up to the room to grab bath towels; not really a big deal, but likely indicative of a staffing issue. The breakfast area was clean and fairly well-stocked, offering the usual suspects - fresh fruit, pastries, bread, bagels, mini yogurt cups - as well as a fun little DIY pancake machine. Overall it was a perfectly nice stay, as expected for the price point, although I'll probably return to the Hampton Inn down the road for next year's Tecumseh trip.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. It is always great to hear the pros along with the cons so we can always get better and make our guests happy. Have a wonderful day and thanking you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

On way home from Williamsburg and decided to take highway 35 (fair warning there isn't anything on this road) and ended up worried early on that we would never come to a decent town with a good hotel. Well we were wrong. After reading reviews on Chillicothe hotels we decided to pull in as it was after 9pm. We couldn't have been greeted by a more pleasant young man who got us into a room quickly. The hotel is aesthetically pleasing, in a very modern style telling me it is fairly new. The room was clean and bedding comfortable. In the morning, a better than some, breakfast was provided which included pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and choice of yogurt. The coffee is good and the complimentary USA Today is a nice touch. Would recommend. Kudos to the great host as he was there early the very next morning in his Harley shirt and just as pleasant as the night before. Overall very nice place, maybe a little more costly than other HIX, but also not many choices of hotels on this road.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As all reviews, we will review share with our staff. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again!