All reviewshotel roomroom wasn't readypopular mallwaited almostbusiness triplocation is greatcoffee shopcity viewbuffet breakfastinternational foodconvenient hotelspent nightsroom serviceshopping mallfree wifigood pointsswimming pool
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My company held an event last month in Arista, and I had a very bad experience coordinating with the hotel salesman. To pay for the event, my company has issued a guarantee letter 2 weeks before the event, stating that the payment will be done latest by 14 days after the event. And since that, the salesman did not reply anything, so we assume that everything’s OK. Surprisingly, 1 day before the event, the salesman ask us for full payment of the event. We said we cannot do that because we thought we have agreed on the payment after event, based on the guarantee letter. Apparently the problem is that the salesman was not reading my e-mail before. At that time, the salesman seems did not care about that, and put the blame on me, because he claimed that he refer to terms mentioned in the event contract issued by Arista. Finally after negotiating, we agreed on payment after the event. After the event, the problem still occur. This time was because the payment had not been done near the 14 days terms. I was aware that the fund transfer was delayed by 1 working days due to the interbank transfer, but the transfer process had been done at the 14th days after the event. And at the 14th day, the salesman call me and ask me for payment. This is not the problem, but the problem that has irritated me was because the salesman has been, what I called, sarcastic and cynical when speaking to me on the phone (and it was the 1st call). I was not expecting a hotel staff that should offer hospitality, spoke to me in a sarcastic and a cynical way. Hope your hotel improve how the way you treat your clients. Aside from that, actually the support from banquet staffs and engineering was OK at the day of the event. But my image for your hotel was ruined because of your salesman.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Andhika K
MARIO A, Executive Assistant Manager at The Arista Hotel Palembang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Andhika K

Thank you for choosing The Arista Hotel Palembang as your place to stay and to held Event in Palembang. We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your experience with our asociate/sales. We are very sorry to hear that bad experience. This issue has been passed on to our management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in The Arista Hotel Palembang on your next visit to Palembang.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Only want to give review to give a BIG NOTE that the breakfast in this hotel is much much much better than the same rate of hotels in Palembang or anywhere else.. Plus plus point for the breakfast. I can feel that someone in charge of the breakfast really paying attention to it, and don’t you worry whoever it is, it is definitely not unnotice. They also have espresso machine and serve that for free, GOOD COFFEE TOO! Can you see my excitement? :))
Definitely will stay in Arista again if I have a chance to come to Palembang again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
MARIO A, Executive Assistant Manager at The Arista Hotel Palembang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear sillanya

Thank you for your kind feedback and sharing it. We are pleased to read you enjoyed the breakfast and also we are especially pleased to read your comments about our staff being welcoming and paying attention during breakfast.

We look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon.

Best Reagrds,

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Great time staying at Arista Hotel Palembang. I stayed at 7th floor which apparantly was just renovated, so brand new and bright, loving the new clean ambiance. Breakfast at 1000 Rasa Resto has always been a culinary experience for me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Only two devices per room allowed on slow Internet. Had to call maintenance to turn off light behind curtains and the mini bar light. Nice enough ambience, but some silly flaws make this a destination outdated for modern business travelers.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear wildhobbit

We noted with regret your experience at The Arista Hotel Palembang in regards with the internet and lighting behind curtains.

We have shared your feedback to the team and steps were taken to ensure the highest standard of service. We really appreciated your comment as it assists us when looking to improve the services that we provide.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon and remain

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Room is clean but old and dark. Bathtub drainage is bad, water didn't recede fast enough and some of water from shower fall over the bathtub on the floor. Water didn't flow smoothly, water pressure is bad. I can hear people walking on the hallway.
Breakfast menu is plenty choice to choose from. Taste wise, so so.
Staff at the gym is very polite and helpful but not the one at breakfast menu, the lady was rude and cold, kinda snob in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
MARIO A, Executive Assistant Manager at The Arista Hotel Palembang, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear mikeewi

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor, we regret the inconvenience caused during your stay with us this time. We will use your input to improve the parts that you have mentioned. It is our endeavor to give the best of services to all our guests.

Your feedback regarding our staff has been shared with our team and further training has been implemented to ensure only the highest service standard delivered to our guests. We are very concern to hear your experience, since it did not reflect the service excellent that we are shooting for.

We look forward to welcoming you again to The Arista Hotel Palembang.

Best Regards,