“Room space and price as 3 star hotel, but...”
Review of Zuri Express Hotel

Zuri Express Hotel
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Palembang
Reviewed 18 November 2015

Nice, clean, spacious and minimalist bed room,with vibrant green/orange furniture tone, was my first good impression when I walked in. Later on I learnt, it's really minimal in bed room facilities, literally. The non smoking room I got doesn't have wardrobe (only a wall hanging bar for clothes hangers), no coffee and tea set, no fridge, no hair dryer (I didn't use it anyway) and... no room phone (gotta walk out to lift lobby) and no kettle (has hot/cold water dispensers at the corridor).

Additional price (abt 15% of room rate) for breakfast really over the top price for a simple (plain) rice/noodle dish with 3 sides of fried sausages/chicken. No other beverages included except coffee/tea/water. No fresh milk, juice or egg station either. Lunch and dinner a la carte menu price are more reasonable.

And if my eyes are not deceiving, I saw 2 star hotel certificate on the receptionist desk.. I wonder why they claimed 3 stars in trip advisor...

I guess I got deceived when I check at trip advisor and truly felt like staying at 2 star hotel with 3+ star price.

Room Tip: Get non breakfast deal and go to nearby restaurant nearby...
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
ZuriexpressHotelZ49, Manager at Zuri Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2015

Dear Mr. Aryo D, a warm greeting from Zuri Express Hotel Palembang.
First we would like to thank the contributions and the time given to provide input as well as your thoughts with us on tripadvisor.com.
Regarding the concept and overall design of the rooms at Zuri Express Hotel is a simple concept and a modern minimalist therefore the variety and completeness of such facilities in the hotel are generally not available.
Therefore we are very grateful for all the info and input from your subject and the quality of existing facilities.
On behalf of management and staff apologize if there are things that are not pleasing to you when shared with us, if you wish to come back and require accommodation at Zuri Express Palembang please contact me at om.plm@zuriexpress hotels.com
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Zuri Express Hotel

Reviewed 28 August 2015

Overall worthed for Star-3 Hotel. Minus item is only view outside, which ZURI Express located on Shophouse (RUKO) but also has a plus cuz we can go hangout to coffee shop just in a minute. Most added value is the hotel is new unit, and one of the best for Star-3 Hotel

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with grandzuri.com
ZuriexpressHotelZ49, Manager at Zuri Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Dear Irfan7
Warmest Greeting from Zuri Express Hotel Palembang
Thankk you very much for sharing the elements of your recent experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor.
It is much pleasing to see that most of services and facilities aspects as well as our strategic location being adjacent to some interest point for hanging out.
Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future at Zuri Express Hotel Palembang.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

The exterior of the hotel is very trendy.
But once I entered the room. Kinda disappointed.

The room was small and the worst are the bath towel.
It seems and feel no difference like the floor mat.
It smells and sticky too. Wonder if it's washed with kitchen towels.

Linen was heavily soiled
Couples of Long hairs all over my bed.
Cleanliness just bad.
Toilet wise. Small. Clean but no door locks. Tissue roll wasn't given additional.

Facilities however, not bad. Water dispenser is provided and also the in house phone. It's just that the latter were all shared in the corridor.

Wifi strength good, I'm surprised. Hot water not hot and not consistent.

Breakfast wise good. Very less selection for Rp 550.000 nett room per night. Less but very tasty!

Reception and other service was prompt and fast. Front liners were all excellent.

Would I come back?
Maybe no
Consider it's rate and the experience of stay.

Rooms of improvement
Pls reinvest the bath towel. It's not reasonable at all to provide such quality of facility.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Dear Valedictorian Romanov,
"Warmest Greeting from Zuri Express Hotel Palembang"
Thank you very much for sharing the elements of your recent experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor.
We have taken good note of your remark regarding the cleanliness towel issue in the room and please accept our sincere apology for this inconvenience. We have immediately shared your remark to our team specially to our housekeeper for necessary follow up and improvements.
Please rest assured that this laps in our cleanliness standard does not correspond to our standard and that the necessary steps have been taken as to avoid any occurrence in the future.
Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future at Zuri Express Hotel Palembang.
Your sincerely,

Reviewed 27 August 2015

I'm staying on 24-26th August 2015 in this hotel for my business visit. Actually this is my 2nd visit to this hotel and I think it really worth. What do I like about this hotel is about the availability of the non-smoking floor on their 5th floor. What the only lack (I think this is about a situation), on the evening on 25th of August (nearly midnight), there were another visitor ( I think they were coming on groups) were shouting each other for quite a long time. Then on the next few hours, aorund 3.40 in the morning some of them are coming back to the room and shouting each other again!!.. Oh no it is really annoying..! In the morning, I realize that they were a group of students from Jakarta who is staying for a transit stay (they are coming by some bus). No wonder !! What would I suggest the hotel, maybe you should put more sound insulation between walls or you should grouping the visitors so they wouldn't harm another visitor. Hopefully you may improve your service.

Room Tip: The room at top floor are for non smokers.. ask for a top floor!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Dear Mr.Adrianto G
Thank you verymuch for taking the time to write a review of your second visit to our hotel on trip advisor.com
It is pleasure to know that you have enjoyed with our facilities such like non smoking floor.
Regarding your comment about the conditions of some guests/group checked-in on that night that bothered you, we apologized for the incidents.
On behalf of management and the entire of staff Zuri Express Palembang to thank for your attention and support to make our hotel to be the best.
Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Situated near the city center, zuri express is the budget type of hotel you can find in Palembang. Even though it is cheap, the facilities and room are well maintained and clean. If you don't mind staying in a 12m² room for a night, then this hotel is for you.
Around the vicinity, you can find some traditional restos and spas. you can order a room service spa from nearby oriental spa. the breakfast is a bit disappointing compared to those budget hotels I stayed before.

happy staying..

Room Tip: tell the receptionist to have a non smoking room
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
ZuriexpressHotelZ49, Manager at Zuri Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear Wyn_d_Traveler,
Warmest Greeting from Zuri Express Hotel Palembang
It is much pleasing to see that most of our services and facilities have contributed to your satisfaction. The room design and size were also set out to accord with the design concept of our hotel,we very much value you sharing your opinion on this.
We are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future at Zuri Express Hotel Palembang.
Yours sincerely,