“Very beautiful experience”

Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Tegalalang
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Get up close and personal with Bali's largest herd of 31 Sumatran elephants at the island's premiere interactive and intimate elephant experience set among lush botanical gardens and jungle. Our resident giants can be seen immersing themselves in the park lake, in between riding, painting or other activities. Guests can observe, hand feed, touch, and take photos with our elephants, all the while learning more about them along the way.
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

This place was beautiful. The elephants were beautiful. Definantly worth the trip out it is surreal. Other people have said the elephants were chained. If you speak to the staff they are chained for the safety of the elephants and people because they will fight with other elephants if not around the trainers. Each trainer has an elephant they work with. We met someone who had worked with their elephant Orla for 17 years. They take extremely good care of the elephants and care about them like they are their children. The staff made this a wonderful experience and definantly something we will always remember!

1  Thank Melanie R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,849)
All reviews
in 550 reviews
"taro"
in 85 reviews

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We did the bath and breakfast with elephants and this was an excellent option to get really up close to elephants. Long drive out but really lovely park once we arrived. 1st up wash elephant, this is done with brush and hose and it's a great opportunity to take photos. We then removed clothes that were over top our swimwear and sat on top of elephant as it bathed. This was both very exciting but also a little scary as it was very wobbly and I did not want to go under in water (very dirty). The elephants however loved to go under and did so several times. Dipping me in up to my chest. Again a great chance to get photo's.

After this we had a great shower, with provided towels. Then onto breakfast and this was lovely, with normal selection of cereal, toast, fruit and cooked eggs bacon etc. I can recommend the vege stir fry. After this we fed the elephants including some young ones around 9 years old. This was amazing and we got incredible photos. We then got to see them kick a ball, do a painting and learnt a little about each elephant.

This was a great way to spend a morning and I would really recommend.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Something to tick off the bucket list. Quite disappointed to read the negative reviews. Did you not speak to the staff? These elephants were rescued from Sumatra where they would have been killed! The staff are so passionate about protecting these wonderful animals. My eldest child said it was the best day of his life. I too agreed. We walked past a man who I believe may be the owner of the park and I heard him say that they receive no government funding or anything. It’s not a cheap day, but it’s worth every cent. The grounds are beautiful. I did see chains where I assume the elephants sleep at night. Which makes sense. They have to be kept on the grounds. Whilst we were there I saw no elephant chained. The ones not being ridden were doing their own thing or having a blast in the water. I truly think this park really cares for the elephants.

2  Thank atails7
Reviewed 16 May 2018

It took us a while to get here but well worth it. We had a wonderful time here when we visited Bali on our honeymoon several years ago. Our guide was friendly and the food was ok