“Great course with great views”
Review of Nirwana Bali Golf Club - CLOSED

Nirwana Bali Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Start your dramatic swing to a haven with the jewel of the Indian Ocean at Greg Norman championship golf course, Nirwana Bali Golf Club.Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort is an award-winning course designed by legendary golfer, Greg Norman. Overlooking the Tanah Lot temple and beautifully set amongst manicured gardens and rice paddies, the diverse and meticulously maintained course provides resort golfers and seasoned professionals an unparalleled golfing experience with its five ocean-side holes, three cliff-to-cliff tee shots and eight holes sculpted into the terraced rice fields. The signature hole of Par 3, 7th is the most photographed with the iconic Sunset Island temple of Tanah Lot as the backdrop. Nirwana Bali Golf Club is the only golf resort in Indonesia to be ranked in the influential US magazine, Golf Digest Top 100 Golf Courses outside the United States and was also ranked by Golf Digest as the number one golf course in Indonesia, Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort by World Travel Awards (2010, 2011, and 2012).Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort with a long history of association with IMG Golf Course Management has involved at Nirwana Bali Golf Club since 1994 during the pre-opening, through the official opening in 1997 and in a consulting management relationship that continues until today.IMG Golf Course Management is recognized for providing high quality services to an elite portfolio of 18 clubs around the world. Partnering with IMG ensures delivery of meticulous standards of operation and an unrivalled experience for members and guests.Discover a lush 103-hectare hideaway built atop a sheer cliff with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and Tanah Lot. This secluded luxury golf resort, set in the tranquil village of Tabanan, West Bali, enjoys a magnificent setting along a sweeping coastline. Nirwana Bali Golf Club is 22km away from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is part of the stunning Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort.Greg Norman has truly created a masterpiece.
Reviewed 9 May 2017

The course is laid out beautifully and has amazing views. The fairways are wide enough to go after it but narrow enough to have the hazards in your mind at all times.

BrodieMacDonald, Director of Golf at Nirwana Bali Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

Thank you for choosing Nirwana Bali Golf Club as your preferred course during your recent visit and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world.

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your experience, highlighting the golf course layout and amazing views. Your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers and we hope to welcome you back once again to Nirwana Bali Golf Club.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I tried to book a time with someone else for several weeks with no joy but 5 minutes before my tee time I was paired with Russel from Sidney & Dominique from France joined us for the last few holes as we caught the field up

Had the twilight green fee at 2.30 which was about half price had I played earlier & finished 20 minutes before dark

The course is just great
A superb design & challenging for all golfers
The 3 clifftop to clifftop holes are as good as some of the holes at Pebble Beach

I played on my birthday & to round off a great day there was a surprise birthday cake & fruit bowl waiting for me at my hotel

If you love golf & are going to Bali this is just a must visit

BrodieMacDonald, Director of Golf at Nirwana Bali Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

Thank you for choosing Nirwana Bali Golf Club as your preferred course during your recent Birthday visit and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world.

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your experience, highlighting the golf course layout and for complimenting our challenging ocean holes. Your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I had a lesson wit I Wayan Sukaba - a great mentor and coach. It was a 4 hole session, which is absolutely enough with Wayan. He put my golf to another level.
The Club is nice and the staff is very friendly. Sadly it will be shut down in the Summer of 2017 for remodelling :(

BrodieMacDonald, Director of Golf at Nirwana Bali Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

Thank you for choosing Nirwana Bali Golf Club as your preferred venue for golf lessons during your recent visit and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world.

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your golf lesson experience, highlighting your instructor and the friendly Club staff. Your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated, I am delighted to share your warm comments and praise with the team.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The course was very nice, in good condition and with the the sea views and Tanah Lot temple. It was all very beautiful.

I wanted to play from the resort tee, because I had not played for a while and didn't want to stress about the game being too difficult. I asked the Caddie if this was the resort tee and she said yes. After playing a couple of hole I understood that it was actually the Champ tee which made my game harder.

Another minus in the game was that the Ranger wanted me to play faster. Which made the Caddie stress about the time as well. Before my round, I asked how long it takes to finish the course and the caddiemaster told me it's around 4h 20 min. I wished I could have played a little bit slower and enjoy the views and actually take a few photos too, because I'm here for a holiday and I don't like to pay a lot of money just to rush my game thru the course, which I'm playing the first time. In the end, I finished the course in 2h 45 minutes (1h 25 minutes before the normal time), which really made me wonder about the Ranger and the course values.

For these reasons I wasn't so happy about the course. Everything else was very nice!

BrodieMacDonald, Director of Golf at Nirwana Bali Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your round and it is pleasing to know you enjoyed your first round with us. Thank you for complimenting our beautiful course, your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

We also noted the constructive comments in regards to your round. On behalf of the team I would like to sincerely apologize that the golf course marshalling during your round didn't meet your expectations. Rest assured we endeavour to treat all our guests equally and value their time as we expect all group's to finish their round within the allocated course pace of play time. Our Starter and on course marshall's are responsible for the enjoyment of all our players and I will certainly follow up with the on course services team regarding those two points raised.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers. Should you decide to visit Nirwana Bali Golf Club in the future I would be very happy to assist and personally ensure your next experience is an enjoyable one with us.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure to absolve a 6 day golf lessons with Mr. Mustika, and i Must say it was a very Wonderful experience, Mr. Mustika did his job very well with a lot of passion and was very patient with us, explained to us the basics and we had a lot of fun during the lessons, the staff also at the golf shop and at the fields were very friendly and our needs were catered for very well, although they will be closing for Renovations starting July but they get a well deserved 5 Stars.

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your golf lesson experience, highlighting your instructor and the sessions being fun and engaging. Your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated, I am delighted to share your warm comments and praise with the team.