“Very nice course but I'm sad with the ranger”
Review of Nirwana Bali Golf Club - CLOSED

Nirwana Bali Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Start your dramatic swing to a haven with the jewel of the Indian Ocean at Greg Norman championship golf course, Nirwana Bali Golf Club.Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort is an award-winning course designed by legendary golfer, Greg Norman. Overlooking the Tanah Lot temple and beautifully set amongst manicured gardens and rice paddies, the diverse and meticulously maintained course provides resort golfers and seasoned professionals an unparalleled golfing experience with its five ocean-side holes, three cliff-to-cliff tee shots and eight holes sculpted into the terraced rice fields. The signature hole of Par 3, 7th is the most photographed with the iconic Sunset Island temple of Tanah Lot as the backdrop. Nirwana Bali Golf Club is the only golf resort in Indonesia to be ranked in the influential US magazine, Golf Digest Top 100 Golf Courses outside the United States and was also ranked by Golf Digest as the number one golf course in Indonesia, Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort by World Travel Awards (2010, 2011, and 2012).Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort with a long history of association with IMG Golf Course Management has involved at Nirwana Bali Golf Club since 1994 during the pre-opening, through the official opening in 1997 and in a consulting management relationship that continues until today.IMG Golf Course Management is recognized for providing high quality services to an elite portfolio of 18 clubs around the world. Partnering with IMG ensures delivery of meticulous standards of operation and an unrivalled experience for members and guests.Discover a lush 103-hectare hideaway built atop a sheer cliff with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and Tanah Lot. This secluded luxury golf resort, set in the tranquil village of Tabanan, West Bali, enjoys a magnificent setting along a sweeping coastline. Nirwana Bali Golf Club is 22km away from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is part of the stunning Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort.Greg Norman has truly created a masterpiece.
Reviewed 1 April 2017

The course was very nice, in good condition and with the the sea views and Tanah Lot temple. It was all very beautiful.

I wanted to play from the resort tee, because I had not played for a while and didn't want to stress about the game being too difficult. I asked the Caddie if this was the resort tee and she said yes. After playing a couple of hole I understood that it was actually the Champ tee which made my game harder.

Another minus in the game was that the Ranger wanted me to play faster. Which made the Caddie stress about the time as well. Before my round, I asked how long it takes to finish the course and the caddiemaster told me it's around 4h 20 min. I wished I could have played a little bit slower and enjoy the views and actually take a few photos too, because I'm here for a holiday and I don't like to pay a lot of money just to rush my game thru the course, which I'm playing the first time. In the end, I finished the course in 2h 45 minutes (1h 25 minutes before the normal time), which really made me wonder about the Ranger and the course values.

For these reasons I wasn't so happy about the course. Everything else was very nice!

BrodieMacDonald, Director of Golf at Nirwana Bali Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

Thank you for choosing Nirwana Bali Golf Club as your preferred course during your recent visit and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world.

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your round and it is pleasing to know you enjoyed your first round with us. Thank you for complimenting our beautiful course, your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

We also noted the constructive comments in regards to your round. On behalf of the team I would like to sincerely apologize that the golf course marshalling during your round didn't meet your expectations. Rest assured we endeavour to treat all our guests equally and value their time as we expect all group's to finish their round within the allocated course pace of play time. Our Starter and on course marshall's are responsible for the enjoyment of all our players and I will certainly follow up with the on course services team regarding those two points raised.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers. Should you decide to visit Nirwana Bali Golf Club in the future I would be very happy to assist and personally ensure your next experience is an enjoyable one with us.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure to absolve a 6 day golf lessons with Mr. Mustika, and i Must say it was a very Wonderful experience, Mr. Mustika did his job very well with a lot of passion and was very patient with us, explained to us the basics and we had a lot of fun during the lessons, the staff also at the golf shop and at the fields were very friendly and our needs were catered for very well, although they will be closing for Renovations starting July but they get a well deserved 5 Stars.

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

Thank you for choosing Nirwana Bali Golf Club as your preferred venue for golf lessons during your recent visit and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world.

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your golf lesson experience, highlighting your instructor and the sessions being fun and engaging. Your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated, I am delighted to share your warm comments and praise with the team.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers and we hope to welcome you back once again to Nirwana Bali Golf Club.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Nice course with some holes along the coast. Signature hole is #7 with spectacular view of the Pura Tanan Lot temple, which is located on a small island just off the course.
It is a golf cart course, cart path only, caddy was good.
Course belongs to the Pan Pacific Resort. There are quite a number of buildings surrounding the course, some of these buildings look abandoned and quite neglected.
If you stay in the Nusa Dua area then the trip to the Nirwana golf course is quite an adventure. Takes you 1 1/2 hours to get there, lots of small roads and a lot of traffic.
The course comes at a steep price, green fee, caddy tip etc. costs you like €175 or $190.
It is, however, the most attractive course on Bali.

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your experience, highlighting the signature 7th hole, golf course, ocean holes and complimenting our caddy services. Your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Also note your constructive feedback, rest assured the team at Nirwana work together with the local temple owners to assist with the maintenance and upkeep of any on course temples as we are passionate to conserve these areas of Balinese rituals.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I have played Championship golf courses all over the world and this is one of the best. The grounds, fairways and greens are immaculate. The hole along the coast are simply breathtaking. The resort accommodation was quite empty which gave a slightly odd ambience but there are plans for a major resort upgrade. A great day out and the caddies we had were simply wonderful.

BrodieMacDonald, Director of Golf at Nirwana Bali Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your experience, highlighting the golf course condition and for complimenting our breathtaking ocean holes and caddy services. Your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

The news got out that this whole resort is going to close in July 2017 for a two to three year 'renovation' meaning that all will be knocked down including hotel, villas and the golf course and afterward rebuild. It going to get upgraded into a 6 star resort.

We were afraid that this would have an impact on the service and maintenance of the course. It does not. This is still very much okay. Actually, the atmosphere is among the best of all courses in Bali. No need to pay for the coffee first. You can enjoy a coffee, than after the round a beer, have a shower and get back for a lunch and all on one bill: this is service minded and very well appreciated.

The golf shop is extensive and serviced by ladies that remember your name. You are not a number but a person.

The course is well maintained and still in a very good condition. The first nine are the better ones, the second nine are somewhat artificial with almost every hole a small creek in front of the green.

BrodieMacDonald, Director of Golf at Nirwana Bali Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Nirwana Bali Golf Club Guest,

On behalf of the Nirwana team, I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments regarding your experience, highlighting the course condition, atmosphere, and for complimenting our customer service and billing convenience. Your valuable feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers and we hope to welcome you back.