Pros: Lots of greenery, small patch of paddy fields surrounding the area, refreshing pool (cold as it is freshwater), quiet, fresh vegetables.
Can improve: The food can improve and it might be best to serve simple local dishes. The hotel can inform guests in advance (or put up signage) that the main road commonly used to get to the hotel is broken. Most guests had to detour another half hour. We've never seen so many flies in one place. This might be due to fertilisers put in the plants. Maybe the hotel mgt can put a few fans in the resto/reception area so that the flies don't come to the food. Staff can be friendlier, more customer-oriented and provide better info (ie tours, massage, car services) to guests upon check-in. Would be great to have an inhouse yoga teacher who can teach daily so that there are add'l activities.
Cons: There's nothing (as in cafes, warung, grocery store, basic facilities) in the area other than the temple (1 1/2 walk), no tv/movies/wifi, no newspapers or info what is happening in the outside world. The hotel driver drove recklessly and too fast. He was also spiteful when we mentioned that we're not sure if we're using his services the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Prana Dewi Mountain Resort Tripadvisor page! Our resort is located at the foot of Mt. Batukaru, the second highest Mountain of Bali. Mt. Batukaru is sacred to the Balinese and has a temple, Pura Luhur Batukaru dedicated to it. The last village on the way to the temple is called Wongaya Gede and this is where the owner and architect of the resort, I Gede Hanjaya grew up and lived. The resort is made up of 11 traditional bungalows with 14 rooms nested between organic rice paddies, tropical fruit trees and ornamental fishponds. Our bungalows are generously spaced apart to insure you tranquility and privacy. The interior of every bungalow is unique and beautifully decorated. Each bungalow has a terrace, deck or a bale, a traditional open hut, perfect for relaxing, yoga or meditation amongst rice fields and flowing waters. As well as being a nice place to spend a few days as a visitor, the resort is also specialized to hold meditation and yoga courses over longer periods. If you are interested in this, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our restaurant, which is also open for guests who are not staying in the resort offers delicious western and Indonesian meals. We use as much organically and locally grown fruits and vegetables as we can. Our organic brown rice is grown in the fields throughout the resort! We also offer some actives such a hiking Mt. Batukaru, walks through coffee plantations and rice fields as well as baths in hot water springs. In resort activities include traditional Balinese massage and taking a refreshing dip in the all natural spring water pool. Our friendly staff is happy to greet you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Prana Dewi Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prana Dewi Mountain Hotel
- Prana Dewi Mountain Resort Bali/Tabanan, Indonesia