Amarta Retreat(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$115
Bali Japan Village(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$49
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
US$21
US$20
  • Pool
The Aura Shanti Retreat & Villa(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$67
US$35
US$34
Agoda.com
Bali Eco Stay Bungalows(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$107
Agoda.com
Alami Boutique Villas & Resort(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$172
Orbitz.com
WakaGangga(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$241
Agoda.com
All reviewsnatural poolyoga retreatyour luggagerice fieldsoutdoor bathroomsmall villagebeautiful surroundingsinsectsgedefrogsbungalowtemplejunglenaturehomestaysmassagebali
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This place is beautiful and it's a 100% nature. Do not expect any luxury over here or comfy mattress. It's very basic and you even see spiders and gecko in the room. Again, welcome to the jungle :) .. food was awesome and so was the service. Organic food and vege from their own farm. Delicious !! They even have a natural pool which is icy cold water and pls get into it only on a hot day or else you may end up with some body ache the next day.

PLS PLS BRING ENOUGH RUPIAH HERE COZ THERE IS NO MONEY CHANGER NEARBY !!!!!!!! we took a bike and rode all the way to jatiluwih n still couldn't find a money changer. The nearest money changer is seminyak!!!!! That's madness. The worst part is no one from the hotel will advise you this coz they want you to use their own hotel transfer service. They suggested us to have our meals in the hotel and pay them later. They then hooked us up with their hotel transfer and we paid 500 rupiah one way to the airport while while blue bird will only cost around 350k IDR. We then had to stop at a money changer in seminyak and changed our currency and paid the driver the total amount including our meals. I see them doing this to all the guest and I don't think this is a good thing to do !!! The hotel should warn their guests that there are no money changer available on-site and request their guest to bring sufficient IDR !!! They responded to my email many times but they did not mention this at all in their email!!

Pls also lock lock lock your luggage bags. I lost my Burberry perfume during our 2nd night stay. I used my perfume and left it inside the luggage n underneath my clothes. Suddenly it went missing. I reported this to the reception but they did not take any action. 2 days after my check out, the reservations personnel who is located in seminyak, mailed me saying that they have found my perfume under the table and they wanted to mail it to me. That was so amusing coz I know someone took it off my luggage as my husband and I looked high and low for it in the room. Well I did not expect this sort of thing to happen to us in Bali but yeah... it happens !! Well we can't surely downgrade the entire resort for one person's inappropriate behaviour.

Bike rental cost 75k IDR per day

Overall you should visit this lovely little paradise if you love nature.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank regirah
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

What a lovely spot. Extremely comfortable villas and fabulous food. This resort is used a lot for yoga retreats so the group thing may be an issue for couple or single travellers but we did not have nay issues
We just loved the menu options which were varied, great vegetarian options and excellent all round
The water is all local. The menu is organic and delicious.
The rooms are large with plenty of seating outside amongst the beautiful gardens. The bathroom was quite well appointed
The staff were just lovely and always helpful
The rice paddies were being worked at the time so that was great to watch but the flooded paddies meant many frogs who sang all night. Very noisy indeed. Magically they were all quiet at 5.30am.....sleep for us then! Just a bit disturbing but don't let it stop you enjoying a lovely spot.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
PranaDewi, Manager at Prana Dewi Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Helen,
thanks for your lovely comment.
The frogconcert shows that a healthy ecosystem is alive at Prana Dewi.
Sorry that it disturbed your sleep.
Next time we will chose Salak bungalow for you which points to the river side.
Best regards
Prana Dewi Mountain Resort

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

The setting of the place inmidst the rice paddies and the beautiful (though very cold) natural pool were great. Food at the restaurant was better than expected, which we enjoyed a lot. But it is also possible to get really tasty street food in the small village where the hotel is situated - at the hotel restaurant they even gave us plates and cutlery when we showed up with the street food!
Definitely worth a visit! But take care - the hotel is NOT in Jatiluwih as indicated on some online booking sites.It is in Wongaya Gede, a small village about 5km from the UNESCO site, so you have to take care of the transport. We found some village guys who dropped us there with their scooters which was quite comfortable and also great fun. If you depend on the transport offered by the hotel, that is quite expensive.
I also recommend a guided walk in the rainforest - we enjoyed that very much.
We would have loved to have WIFI, but that was the only negative point of the trip. All in all great value for money and a hotel that I would definitely recommend.
Btw there are a number of homestays just around the corner of the hotel, some of which are also very beautiful with a good chance of personal contact to the owners and they are of course much cheaper. So this is also a possibility you might want to consider.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank C S
PranaDewi, Manager at Prana Dewi Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thanks for the review. Hope to have you back again.
For maximum nature experience we are wifi free on purpose.
Your Prana Dewi Mountain Resort

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Welcome to the jungle! The rooms are very impressive, especially with the outdoor bathroom. Yet, you cannot isolate from the outdoor since there are holes above the windows. We had to sleep in the noise of geckos, birds and all other kinds of animals and we shared the room with a few ants and other insects. There is absolutely no wifi in that place, better bring cards or a book. We literally had the impression to travel in time in the 80ies. The food is organic since most of it is produced in the hotel. Not the greatest we tasted but in huge quantities.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017

This exceptionally beautiful and welcoming location for our 7 day yoga retreat was perfection. Our Agung bungalow was private, comfortable and charming with plenty of space and delightful private walled bathroom with outdoor shower. The outdoor bure was perfect for afternoon reading, card playing and the excellent massages we booked with one of the staff. Food was delicious, varied and fresh and staff were wonderful. There is no wifi but good mobile coverage if required. The grounds are terraced with rice paddy and productive as well as attractive trees and gardens and the views of Mount Batakaru breathtaking. The spring fed rock pool is a delightful bonus and the location close to the local village, ancient temple, nearby Jatiluwih ricefields and Ubud (by car) provided plenty of opprtunity for enjoyment outside yoga clases. We'd return in a heartbeat to this delightful, calming and beautifully authentic retreat.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
PranaDewi, Guest Relations Manager at Prana Dewi Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Thank you , very much, dear Jane, for this review. The staff and management of Prana Dewi will always do our best to comfort you. They will love to read your review.
All the Best in the name of Prana Dewi