This place is beautiful and it's a 100% nature. Do not expect any luxury over here or comfy mattress. It's very basic and you even see spiders and gecko in the room. Again, welcome to the jungle :) .. food was awesome and so was the service. Organic food and vege from their own farm. Delicious !! They even have a natural pool which is icy cold water and pls get into it only on a hot day or else you may end up with some body ache the next day.
PLS PLS BRING ENOUGH RUPIAH HERE COZ THERE IS NO MONEY CHANGER NEARBY !!!!!!!! we took a bike and rode all the way to jatiluwih n still couldn't find a money changer. The nearest money changer is seminyak!!!!! That's madness. The worst part is no one from the hotel will advise you this coz they want you to use their own hotel transfer service. They suggested us to have our meals in the hotel and pay them later. They then hooked us up with their hotel transfer and we paid 500 rupiah one way to the airport while while blue bird will only cost around 350k IDR. We then had to stop at a money changer in seminyak and changed our currency and paid the driver the total amount including our meals. I see them doing this to all the guest and I don't think this is a good thing to do !!! The hotel should warn their guests that there are no money changer available on-site and request their guest to bring sufficient IDR !!! They responded to my email many times but they did not mention this at all in their email!!
Pls also lock lock lock your luggage bags. I lost my Burberry perfume during our 2nd night stay. I used my perfume and left it inside the luggage n underneath my clothes. Suddenly it went missing. I reported this to the reception but they did not take any action. 2 days after my check out, the reservations personnel who is located in seminyak, mailed me saying that they have found my perfume under the table and they wanted to mail it to me. That was so amusing coz I know someone took it off my luggage as my husband and I looked high and low for it in the room. Well I did not expect this sort of thing to happen to us in Bali but yeah... it happens !! Well we can't surely downgrade the entire resort for one person's inappropriate behaviour.
Bike rental cost 75k IDR per day
Overall you should visit this lovely little paradise if you love nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Prana Dewi Mountain Resort Tripadvisor page! Our resort is located at the foot of Mt. Batukaru, the second highest Mountain of Bali. Mt. Batukaru is sacred to the Balinese and has a temple, Pura Luhur Batukaru dedicated to it. The last village on the way to the temple is called Wongaya Gede and this is where the owner and architect of the resort, I Gede Hanjaya grew up and lived. The resort is made up of 11 traditional bungalows with 14 rooms nested between organic rice paddies, tropical fruit trees and ornamental fishponds. Our bungalows are generously spaced apart to insure you tranquility and privacy. The interior of every bungalow is unique and beautifully decorated. Each bungalow has a terrace, deck or a bale, a traditional open hut, perfect for relaxing, yoga or meditation amongst rice fields and flowing waters. As well as being a nice place to spend a few days as a visitor, the resort is also specialized to hold meditation and yoga courses over longer periods. If you are interested in this, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our restaurant, which is also open for guests who are not staying in the resort offers delicious western and Indonesian meals. We use as much organically and locally grown fruits and vegetables as we can. Our organic brown rice is grown in the fields throughout the resort! We also offer some actives such a hiking Mt. Batukaru, walks through coffee plantations and rice fields as well as baths in hot water springs. In resort activities include traditional Balinese massage and taking a refreshing dip in the all natural spring water pool. Our friendly staff is happy to greet you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Prana Dewi Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prana Dewi Mountain Hotel
- Prana Dewi Mountain Resort Bali/Tabanan, Indonesia