Comfort Suites Independence
US$118
US$145
US$128
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$120
US$110
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$63
US$60
Best Western Truman Inn(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$103
Silver Heart Inn(Independence)
US$121
US$114
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$149
US$140
US$182
All reviewsstayed herefront desksofa and coffee tablekansas citylarge breakfast arearooms are spaciouspull out sofawould stay here againwaffleshot tubnice hotellate checkchoice hotelsbusiness centerstaff was very friendlyshort drivegreat customer service
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Stayed overnight because son was being discharged from area hospital. Comfortable & clean! Only complaint is no soda machines on each floor - only in the market area near the front desk but not a huge deal. Free breakfast with large selection of food.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
KenJacobs, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear iAmDizzie,

We hope your son is doing better and glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that we do not have soda machines on every floor. Yes, we do carry soda as well as other drinks in market and I am happy you were able to find what you needed. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I was in town for an event in Kansas City so stayed at this property in Independence (only about 15-20 minutes max from the city). Was staying a Thursday thru Sunday.

I arrived at the property at about 9:30. Check in went smoothly. Took a luggage cart with my families suitcases up to my room. It was a nice touch having the lights on in the room.

The hotel is a little "dark" in color scheme both in the halls and the rooms. A brighter tone of carpet, paint and trim would make this property a lot nicer and up to date.

The rooms are spacious which is nice when you have more then 2 people.

The bathroom was good sized too but found the shower/tub not as clean as I like. Seemed like there was spots of mold in corners that were just not cleaned very well. I could tell the mirror had only been cleaned part way as when the bathroom was steamed by the shower, part of a note that said "Adam loves...." and could not make the name out of who was cleaned off. So I think the cleaning staff did a partial job cleaning that room. The beds actually were quite comfortable as I slept very well.

The room has a fridge and microwave. Which is nice. I called the front desk staff member because there is a dial and a red button inside the fridge but no markings or words/numbers. The woman told me that she did not know what that is and she thought you could not change anything on it. I said the dial is movable and wanted to make sure I have the settings on the fridge were good to keep our beverages cold. She said she didn't know and was sorry. Thought that to be not an acceptable answer but she was the only one there so I just let it go.

The hotel has an indoor pool (which I didn't use) and has a work out facility. It had a few basic agility machines (treadmill, bike, etc) and they seemed to all function fine. The tv in there is in the corner instead of straight ahead. I think when you are tying to watch tv while on the treadmill and you are looking to the left....it's kind of dangerous. So they should consider moving it. But a nice room, well ventilated and had towels, a scale and weights.

The morning breakfast was pretty decent. Had some nice options and a large dining area with a good sized tv. Staff was nice in there and kept busy.

There is plenty to do around this property as far as shopping and dining. It's close to both Arrowhead and the Royals stadium.

I wish the property was a little more up to date and the bathroom not being clean is a biggie with me. But I could stay here again if in town. I think overall it's a very decent property and serves it's guests pretty well!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your very thorough review. We appreciate you letting us know where additional training and improvement may be needed. We will certainly take your points about the exercise room and room items into consideration as we make changes. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Quiet, clean, friendly, good location. This hotel had it all. Very quiet. Could not hear between rooms or floors. Large suites. Great value on price. I stay in many choice hotels and this one is one of the best. Friendly staff. Very clean. Breakfast area is large. Stayed two nights and was very pleased with the accommodations in everyway. Nice neighborhood. Near restaurants, gas, shopping. Ideal location for a trip to Kansas City. Fifteen minutes from down town.

Room Tip: Nice neighborhood. Close to many restaurants as well as shopping.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Dear edgars20132015,

So glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the very nice review. We will certainly look to have you stay again in the future!

Reviewed 18 March 2016

This Comfort Inn is located within easy access to the interstate but set far enough back that you can enjoy a comfortable nights sleep with no noise. The staff is most helpful and accommodating. The rooms are very clean as wre the common areas. Great breakfast served. We look forward to staying there in the future.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Dear Nancy,

It was an absolute pleasure to read your recent review of our resort and we thank you for taking the time to complete it. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2016

My stay was good. The accommodations were nice. I had only one bad night which was the first night. There was an event in town for kids and some unattended kids kept pulling the fire alarm. Not the fault of the hotel but that was the worse of my experience.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business