“Nice location for Royals game ”

Residence Inn Kansas City Independence
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We thought the location was quiet yet near many conveniences. Only about a 10 minute drive to the baseball stadium.
The hotel room was average and could use some updates.
The staff was friendly and accommodating.
Breakfast was great.
We were able to enjoy the courtyard area and basketball court.

Stayed: August 2017
Drew D, Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will let our staff, especially our breakfast hosts, know how they made you feel welcome. Although we are always trying to improve the experience and keep our rooms updated, we are glad our hotel was in a convenient location for you. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

When we checked in there was sugar on the kitchen floor--unpleasant to walk on--when requested they sent someone to clean it up. This morning the bathtub wouldn't drain building up water while you showered. I called and requested it be fixed. This evening there was no change. I've usually had very good breakfasts at Residence Inns. but this one doesn't qualify--greasy bacon, some spicy rice dish 2 days in a row, dried out fruit . . . Little things matter--I put a towel on the floor to be replaced but it wasn't --just hung over the shower rod--not even spread out so it would dry. The staff is pleasant enough but not effective in providing a good experience. I don't think housekeeping is attentive to cleanliness. (We make sure we tip to encourage good service. ) I'm a platinum club member so I have stayed at many a Marriott. For $175 a night I expect better.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Drew D, Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay. We value your opinion as someone who stays and returns to us often. I can imagine how frustrating it would be to not have your issues addressed while you were here. I apologize and that isn't the kind of expectations we have for our staff. Thank you for bringing these issues and the need for more variety at breakfast. We will review your feedback with our staff so we can continue to improve our service.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 /8 day periods. Wanted to give it a chance but it was just too outdated for me and the guys I work with . Just need to be remodeled. In a great location . 124 nights at Marriott properties this year , loyal member . We just moved to another Marriott down the interstate .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Drew D, Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you so much for continuing to stay with Marriott hotels. I apologize that the stay was not up to the standard you should expect. Even as a property ages, we expect our staff to ensure a welcoming and comfortable stay for our guests. We will share your feedback with our staff so we can continue to improve the quality of our service.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We stayed for two nights, first night was a disaster and second night was fixed.

We showed up at around 8 pm to find out they had given our room to someone else and was bumped down to a non suite room...without enough beds for our party. They were completely booked and the night crew at the desk didn't care.

Next morning complained right away and the morning staff seemed to care and was upset with the night staff. While we were out the hotel staff moved our stuff to the correct room and even moved the items in the refrigerator for us. Overall good hotel, be wary of the night crew.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Drew D, Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

We appreciate hearing from you about your stay. I apologize for the mix up with the room type and for the uncaring attitude initially presented by our staff. Although, I am glad to hear we were able to find a more suitable room on the second evening. We will review your experience with our staff to address this interaction.

For some clarification, we are an all suite hotel which means each room includes a living room with full pullout sofa and a kitchenette with fridge, stove top and microwave.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights while traveling for work. Absolutely loved this hotel. Huge roomy one bedroom suite with a kitchen, couch, and two TVs.

Room was quiet, and had a thermostat to control the temp. Front desk staff was extremely friendly, and offered bottled water and snack at check-in. The staff that works the breakfast in the morning are also friendly and courteous.

The suite was immaculately clean. It was relatively quiet--the Friday night the room next door was slightly loud but I didn't have trouble sleeping. I would stay here again!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Our staff will be happy to hear about the enjoyable stay you had with us. I am glad to hear our staff accommodated your needs and were so friendly. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for letting us know about your stay.