“Nice resort”

Pullman Bali Legian Beach
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We have mixed feelings about our stay here. We stayed in a deluxe room which was nice and a good size. Our first room stunk really bad of stale cigarette smoke so we complained and got moved, although we had to wait a few hours for this. We had problems with the TV but it wasn't fixed. We had a couples massage in the spa, mine was one of the worst massages Ive had (and Ive had a lot), she seriously didnt know what she was doing, my partner had a wonderful massage though. Ive been to much better spas so wont go back there again. We did a few buffets and the food was pretty good but the food we ate a la carte needs a lot of improvement. We had some nachos by the pool one day and they were really bad. The gaucamole was like mayo. We also had dinner one night, my meal was okay but my partners was terrible. Much better food and value for money outside the hotel. Another issue we had was that it was often had to find a chair by the pool as people leave their towels on the chair when they leave so when you arrive you dont know if people are there or not. It would be easy to fix by the staff being more attentive and removing them when people leave. Staff were lovely and location is great.

Room Tip: ask for a non smoking room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_PullmanBali, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear nzworldtraveller,

Greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

Thank you for taking the valued time to share your feedback on Triapdvisor concerning your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your kind words towards our staff that was lovely accordingly to you. On the other hands, i have carefully noted the points you have shared concerning your arrival experience about our room, quality of spa treatment and food for our improvement.

It is our hope to welcoming you again in the future for more pleasant experience. Please do not hesitate to let me know if i can be any further assistance and i remain at your dispose.

Thank you.

h6556-qm@accor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,137)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We stayed 6 + 5 nights at Pullman in September 2017. This is our 3rd stay at this Hotel.
It has a great atmosphere and location being across the road from the beach and close to shopping, restaurants etc. Buffet breakfast has a great variety.
Staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Dwipa who worked the coffee/ice cream and pool area was exceptional, always remembering our names, orders etc - a credit to Pullman & Accor. Nancy who was on a 1 month assignment from China was also very friendly and approachable, my husband is learning Mandarin and was able to practice with her each time we saw her in the lobby etc.
They seem to be doing ongoing renovations so they don't become ugly and outdated which l like. Renovations didn't impact us eg. noise.
This is our number one choice when staying in Bali. Hope to return next year :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Manager_PullmanBali, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Carlyjbb,

Greetings from the Island of Gods

Allow me to thank you for taking the valued time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am elated to know that your stay was pleasant and our quality of service able to enhanced your stay greatly.

Your special mention to our team Nancy is appreciated and will be shared to her accordingly. Thank you again for staying with us on this special occasion and i hope to welcoming you again in the near future. Be well.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

There are a lot of good things about this hotel. The rooms are OK - if a little tired and the food is very good. The breakfast buffet had all the options that people usually go for, and eggs, omelettes etc are cooked on the spot. The evening buffets are good value and having the tables on the lawn makes it feel a bit more special. What stood out for us however was the friendliness of the staff. None of then ever passed without saying "good morning" and if you asked for something it was provided quickly and with a smile.

The one disappointment was the pool areas. The pools were small - not a problem in itself, but there was a shortage of loungers, and at the main pool no umbrellas! This meant that when the sun hit the pool area mid morning there was very little shade.In the heat of the sun it made sitting by the pool almost impossible unless your aim was to get a tan. There were a few umbrellas at the infinity pool - but these were usually taken early, and again were not much help as the sun moved over the seating area.

The constant construction noise during the day was a minor irritant, and it did stop around 5pm.

The hotel is well situated next to the beach and within a short taxi ride of the shopping areas. The security relating to vehicles entering was good with each car being checked and its number noted down.

Room Tip: Garden views or sea views preferable.

Dear Paulboy100,

Greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

I would like to thank you for sharing your comment on Tripadvisor concerning your recent stay with us. Your kind words towards our quality of food will be shared to our team accordingly as motivation to strive maintain our quality.

The points you raised on our pool operation has been carefully noted for rectification and improvement. Look forward to welcoming you again in the future and please do not hesitate to let me know if i can be any further assistance. Be well.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I've just got back from Bali - we stayed in an apartment at The Pullman. Fantastic location, great onsite restaurant/breakfast restaurant, very friendly staff. However, our room(s) needs a lot of maintenance. The aircon constantly leaked onto the floor, my bedside lamp (ceiling hung) was hanging by it's electrical cable (the light fitting was no longer held by the screws in the ceiling). I did advise the reception about the light, someone was to have a look while we went out for dinner that night but I heard nothing since (it wasn't fixed). Plaster from the ceiling in the bathroom also fell several times during our visit plus the bathroom was very damp smelling (we had to get air freshener for the room/bathroom).

So apart from the condition of the room (maybe we were staying in an older part of the hotel?), I can't fault the location of the hotel being so close to the beach, markets. Very clean hotel overall, nice grounds and pool etc

Dear Kiwi_lad_13,

Greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

Thank you for taking the valued time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor concerning your recent stay with us. I am glad that you liked our location and your overall stay was acceptable. The points you raised concerning the room facility has been carefully noted for our improvement in the future.

Look forward to welcoming you again in the future and i remain at your dispose for any further assistance. Have a nice day!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I stayed here for two nights in August 2017. My first impression when I walked in the lobby area was underwhelming If I must say. The lobby is okay, quite spacious and well maintained but it didn't give me that "wow" feeling, mainly because I've seen and been to other 5 stars hotels, so I know that it is just an average rating for me.
We got the suite with 2 connecting rooms as there are 5 people in our group. The room is quite large, clean but the lighting is a bit too dark to my liking.

What I notice mostly during my stay there is that this hotel needs to really take care of the landscape/ground, I saw some bald dry patches of the landscape right underneath my balcony, I suppose the hotel can also have some maintenance all around the premises.

I can tell you that it's located right in front of Kuta beach which is awesome, although it's not the best beach in Bali. It is a short walking distance to Beachwalk Mall, Hard Rock Cafe and restaurants along the promenade.

Overall, I had a nice stay but i expected more from Pullman being 5 stars hotel. Staff is super friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Manager_PullmanBali, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Matthew W,

Greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

I would like to thank you for taking the valued time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your kind words towards our quality of service is appreciated and will be shared to our entire team accordingly. On the other hand, i noted the points you raised concerning our lobby and ground facility for our improvement.

I hope there will be another chance to welcoming you at our property andi remain at your dispose. Be well.

h6556-qm@accor.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0.2 km away
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
3 km away
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Beach? Share your experiences!