“Amazing ”
Review of O LALA

O LALA
Ranked #61 of 249 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: O LALA BISTRONOMY is a French restaurant with Mediterranean influences and a touch of Asia. A Parisian bistro style cuisine, gourmand & tasty. Come discover your NEW FRENCH CANTINE!
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

excellent restaurant, good atmosphere, food of very good quality and well presented, of course highly recommended

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Have now been 4 times and must agree with the other reviewers that the staff are not helping this restaurant.

Atmosphere is good, food is good and good value. Wine list was ok however the drinkable ones are out of stock.

Service really needs thawing. Cold, mechanical, distant and needs to be flagged to get anything.

Wines were served extremely cold so we rejected the first one, eventually settled on trying it and when it came to (not room temperature) however not as cold as a white wine - then it was nice and we took a second glass.

Warm up the service, maybe try to get them enjoying their work and this restaurant may get more customers than the one late (European) sitting?

We will be back as the food is worth it.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I can see that the restaurant has received some great reviews and this is the reason I gave this restaurant a second chance. Both of my experiences were similar. I recently dined here, asked for a sparkling water which they didn't have. That's ok so I ordered a soda water. When it came to the table the glass was filled with ice with a very small (1/6th piece) of lime at the bottom of the ice. I asked for more lime, the waitress told me there was lime already in there and to have that. That was a bit rude as usually Indonesian wait staff are extremely happy to assist wherever they can. I ordered a rocket and burrata salad. It came to the table and she said to me 'we don't have rucola so you get spinach'. Had I known this, I would have changed the order as although spinach and rucola are the same colour, their flavour is entirely different. So I pushed through once again and tried to not be irritated by her attitude. Then I have the entrecote which I ordered medium rate. There was approximately 1-1.5 mil on each side that had been browned and the steak was cut up and was cooked no more than 'blue'. I had a few bits of the end of the steak which was very gristly (and I do not think this is tenderloin as the waitress told me, I believe it to be scotch). The meal was taken from my table with about 80% of the steak still sitting on the plate as it was too undercooked for a scotch. The 2 occasions that I needed staff's attention, to order and request the bill, they were huddled to the side talking and not paying any attention to their customers. So I probably sound very disappointed but I think given I have had 2 experiences that are almost the same, I will not return.

Date of visit: August 2018
Aurélien C, Propriétaire at O LALA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

The month of August is intense, the teams were maybe a little tired. Fortunately most of the time it goes very well, the returns are very positive. Nobody is perfect!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We love the food there, good wine selection, good vibe, the manager is very friendly.
The space is beautiful and offers different types of setting.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

i was living in Paris for 6 months during my internship and ive been craving for french cuisine for a while. i found quite good review of this restaurant, hence i brought my girlfriend to have casual dinner there. the accessibility to the restaurant was quite hard as it is not located to themain street, but we managed to found it. it was a cool nice bistrot with a great ambience as well, packed with french tourist and expatriate. in the beginning it is very hard to get the attention of the servers, maybe theyre not used to serve local guests. after decided what to have, i have the honour of ordering with the owner himslef. i ordered in french and he replied back, which makes me very happy (normally french dont really reply back if youre not a really francophone). the foods was quite good, above my expectation and the portion is very very very big. we ordered a carafe of wine as well to accompany our dinner. the price was okay for a french restaurant. will come back for sure! merci et a la prochaine !

Date of visit: July 2018
Aurélien C, Propriétaire at O LALA, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thanks a lot Ariel and à bientôt !