“Special occasion restaurant ”
Review of Sarong Restaurant

Sarong Restaurant
Reserve with Chope
Sarong Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 249 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Sarong and Chef Will Meyrick are dedicated to the promotion of Indonesian cuisine culture to a wider audience. Recent recognition as one of Best Asia’s Restaurants has shone an even brighter international light on the food of the Indonesian archipelago and Sarong and Chef Will Meyrick work to support and give guidance to communities in the region to produce high quality locally grown products.
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Back again for another visit and once again the place delivers on all fronts. The food, service and quality of the Sarong is unquestionable. I’m pleased that there seems to be more kids enjoying the experience with their families, I understand the menu could be challenging for some kids however it is Bali and families should be able the best the island has to offer.

One small point to watch for, the security guard out the front of the Sarong seems to have a deal with the local transport (Taxi & mini bus) which seems to double if not triple the cost of a ride back to your accomodation. I picked this up on my last visit and was disappointed that it still seems to be occurring. The exact opposite occurred the previous night at Barbacoa where the security hailed a cab and insisted on the meter. It’s a small thing, however the new place has worked it out.

Date of visit: September 2018
Sarong B, Guest Relations Manager at Sarong Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear JJ5family,
Sarong thanks you for your favourable and positive review of your dining experience with us.
The location of Sarong is in the Semiyak/Petitenget area, where Grab taxis are theoretically not allowed to pick up passengers. The local transportation is protected by the law, and we support local industry. Apologies for this experience.
We believe our guests are our most important critics, here at Sarong we aim to provide exquisite adventures in Asian dining in an atmosphere that is both friendly and elegant and are honoured you have appreciated us.
All the best,
Sarong Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,998)

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Ate at Sarong for the first time with another couple. The space is stunning, not doubt one the best in Bali. On arrival, our waitress noticed that I had brought a bottle of wine (to give to our friends) anyway they offered to open the bottle. Turned out they couldn’t open it because it was a bottle that was on their wine list. Not sure how many restaurants in Bali allow BYO wine, and I guess this was the first time I had taken a bottle.

We ordered share plates the food is Indonesian Indian fusion and was absolutely beautiful. Wonderful mixture of spices and chili, delivered by highly competent and friendly staff.

Will be on my return list for sure.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant - amazing service and food. Perfect night with friends ❤️Unique food, Indian infusion. Everything was delicious!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing curries, very flavoursome and presented beautifully as well as a wide variety of dishes on the menu. Service was good, great drinks and beautiful ambience!! A must go to restaurant. One of the best in Bali!

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Having travelled India many times and living in the uk I know my Indian food.
What can I say simply sensational!!
Fresh,full of flavour and not greasy like some Indian restaurants.
Worth the trip out here
Service of coarse was impeccable
The signature belly pork was to die for
Followed by buttered chicken with a bit of spice and and a garlic and cheese nann
Please look at my photos.
I’ll be back tomorrow to try the fish tacos
I take my hat off to these guys, I didn’t book and they were happy to take a table for one, by 8pm it was getting busy but wasn’t claustrophobic in the slightest.

1  Thank natewhite8