All reviews tania accommodation sea homestay bali nature
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Tania's wonderful lumbungs for 9 nights , originally it was for 3 ! But I got hooked by the place and the people !
I was travelling solo and Tania kindly came to pick me up .
I had a beautiful bamboo hut with views of the sea , I was looked after by all the family and staff well.
I enjoyed beautiful vegan food from their new centre across the road At Om , Learned to do Batik plus much more .
Tania and her husband Lompoht and children made me very welcome and introduced me to a lot of real Balinese life . It was a very Joyful time .
The lumbungs were very spacious , the living area down stairs all open plan , showers plenty of hot water.
Bed room had a balcony to sit out and contemplate !
It was hot at night but had large fans to cool one down which was adequate and if possible I would avoid using aircon anyway !
There is lots to see and do around the area Tania and her staff helped organise transport etc
The level of kindness and support for a single traveller was superb , I felt like a member of the family .
Thank you all for helping make my stay in Bali unique and wonderful .
Would definitely recommend staying here , it's not 5 * accommodation but it's 10* service .

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We spent two great nights at Lumbung Damuh. Authentic Balinese bungalows in the middle of a jungle-like green oasis give you the full-on holiday feeling. And falling asleep by the sound of the waves is just priceless. The homestay is run by a sweet, alternative and open minded european-balinese family who are always available for a chat and give you any information you could ask for. We felt very well cared of, thank you so much!
Tip: When staying there you should definitely rent a scooter, otherwise it's difficult to move around from there as the place is located quite remotely "in the nowhere".

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Fourth time i was here and still a magical and beautiful place to stay. Xoure surrounded by beautiful people in between palm trees and the sea. Its the place to get some peace in an authentic surrounding and let your mind fly.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

This place is for those who would like the real Bali experience minus all the luxuries of a deluxe resort. Get the Lumbung facing the ocean which is spacious and comes with a double bed with mosquito net. It also has a mini fridge and fan. However, the ocean breeze is enough not to use the fan. The lumbung is built entirely of wood and has a thatched roof and the bedroom is on the upper level while the lounge area is under the lumbung along with a partly open roof bathroom Balinese style. This is awesome especially when the moonlight filters thru! All day coffee and tea is available downstairs. The beach is not much to talk about as there is none and the coast is rocky with high waves at times.

Made who is responsible for the day to day running of the place was always there to assist and make his guests comfortable while Tania the owner when around was able to offer valuable tips on things to do in the vicinity. Wifi is good and only available in the dining area. Breakfast is pretty good served with fresh home made bread, fruits, coffee and eggs. Am not sure whether one could request for more toast though. Three or four warungs are located on the street leading to Lumbung Damuh and Marta's warung is highly recommended for fresh food, good quantity and a very friendly Marta and husband who run the place.

If one is interested in the real Bali experience, spend a few days here in East Bali and relax and enjoy this rustic place and let the rest of the world just go by you!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed 24 September 2015

Tania and Lempot seemed like lovely people, and it was more like a homestay than a hotel - the family table is the hub of the whole place, with the cob oven for bread-baking closeby. In my twenties I would have got lost at a place like this for weeks... local life is very much apparent, and the warungs just around the corner are good for meals too.

The lumbung itself was like a treehouse or desert island hut and very exciting for my kids. It was right at the front of the complex and the waves were on top of us, or so it seemed!

We feel we made a mistake staying here because of our situation, with two younger kids. The family lumbung is set up with a super-high loft room for kids with one bed, and when the second bed went in there it was too close to the ladder and there was no floor space or railing. It felt perilous and I wouldn't let my kids sleep there - one sometimes gets up in the night and isn't that with it when she does - which meant dad got the loft to himself and I was down on the double bed with the two girls!

It would have been better for me for the hosts to refuse us as inappropriate guests, or to explain the sleeping arrangements more clearly. Our communications were a bit limited as the host had been unwell. Perhaps I missed it on their website and it was there the whole time...I'm not sure. For solo travellers, couples or families with older kids, I'm sure this would be great fun and it was well priced.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family