“Excellent Food, Service, and Atmosphere...like family”
Review of di Lipah Warung

di Lipah Warung
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Amed
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I have been lucky to have this gem of a Warung within walking distance ! The staff is wonderful and very welcoming, I never feel alone...like family. The atmosphere is traditional Baliense. The food is prepared by Sudi, an excellent chief indeed. She knows the delicious secrets of cooking with Balinese spices and herbs. The Duck Tutu was outstanding and i found myself wanting to lick my plate...but refrained! Another personal favorite her Bali Slaw, all fesh veggie of course! Sudi even prepared a bit of octopus given to me by a fisherman one evening. I can highly recommend a visit to Di Lipah Warung when in LIpah Beach. In fact, it is not to be missed.

2  Thank baliboundin13

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I can't say enough good things about this lovely Warung! We only discovered it a day before leaving and if we had known about it we would have eaten there every day as it was so close to Coral View Villas where we stay! Firstly it is visually attractive with lots of blues and white and so clean! The staff are wonderful especially Ajun (or Wyan). He is so helpful and has so much knowledge to impart on the Amed area. We had lunch there and had the best Spring Rolls, Fish Cakes and crispy fried Onion Rings. If only we had not booked at another No. 1 Hotel which was a total disaster for dinner that night. The chef is so good and we heard she was originally at "Sails" which is another excellent restaurant we frequent in Amed.

1  Thank Genevieve A
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Sudi the Chef is amazing , we traveled with three teenage girls and fussy eaters. My wife and I asked for something traditional whilst our girls just wanted simple fish and chips. Sudi made us a type of fish curry in banana leaves that was fantastic, I asked if the fish was caught that morning and she said "NO" it was Mahi Mahi caught this afternoon, cannot get fresher than that. Well worth the visit.

1  Thank Darron W
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely people, excellent food great service at a great Warung. Try the Ayam Bakar ... brilliant. Specialist in local seafood. Go there.

1  Thank Scozzi
Reviewed 24 June 2017

The beauty of Amed is the very fresh fish, straight off the boats, and of course they know how to cook it perfectly. We had cook Sudi's pepes ikan, grilled mahi-mahi and yellow-fin tuna and they were all delicious. However, I have to recommend her Rendang Sapi (beef rendang). The beautiful Balinese spices Sudi uses provide a distinct twist from the more common Malaysian/Indonesian version, and it really was absolutely delicious. The dishes are of course toned down for the Western palate, but they will spice it up a bit if you ask.

2  Thank jules747