Pacha Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We (two friends and myself) came to Amed in the evening after a long and bumpy trip, so we were exhausted and just needed a bed for the night. And Pacha Hostel is where our driver dropped us off. So we just went there.

Sure, they had rooms for us. Sure, the rooms looked fine. But after I fell asleep, my friend woke me up. He had been asleep in his own room, but was bitten in the neck, so he turned on the light, only to find his pillow covered with bedbugs. Looking more closely, they were both in the bed and the walls. Bed bugs live off the blood of the people sleeping there, and being a frequent hostel visitor, I know of people who got severely ill from the bites, so they needed to go to the hospital. Others "just" develop rashes. So even though the majority of people getting bitten might never notice, bed bugs is a thing that needs to be dealt with. If a hostel or hotel finds out that you stayed a place with bed bugs before, they might refuse you, as you can carry them in your clothes and they reproduce and spread easily.

So - back to my friend and his room: he didn't want to sleep in that bed, so he went to me and my other friend's room which had two beds, to see if he could stay there. We examined the beds and found bed bugs in both of them. My friend warned other people in another room, to check the beds, and again; bed bugs. It seems they're in every room.

Because it was very late, we could not find another place to stay. My friend then ended up sitting outside the room all night without sleep, because he had nowhere to sleep. I was too exhausted, so I tried to make myself a cocoon with my sheet to keep them out. But I only slept a little for a couple of hours, too alert to get any quality sleep.

In the morning my friend told the staff that the entire place is crawling with bed bugs. He even found the Indonesian words, to make sure they understood. But they just looked at him and did nothing.

And it is their ignorance to this problem that leaves me with such a horrible impression of the place. Nice surroundings doesn't make up for this. Bed bugs can carry disease, spread easily from place to place through the people staying there, and MUST be dealt with.

I don't wish Pacha Hostel any harm. I just REALLY hope they will read this review and understand the responsibility they have. They can both harm their guests, and be the cause of bed bug-infection in all the places that their guests stay afterwards.

PLEASE don't be ignorant of such a problem.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I arrived in Amed with two friends, after a long hard trip and needed a place to sleep, so we just chose the nearest place from where we were dropped off, which happened to be this place.
Bad idea.
The rooms looked okay, but had a mouldy smell and was really humid. The A/C took forever to work, and after a few hours of sleep our friend woke us up because he had found bed bugs all over his bed. We checked our room and it turned out one of our beds were infested too.
We barely slept at all that night, and our friend warned other guests to check their beds, and some of them had bed bugs too.
When we told the staff they were impolite/did not seem to care.
Never going back there again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2018

I stayed there from 30 December 2017 - 01 January 2018 and I loved my stay. I booked the private room. The view is just amazing if you choose to stay in their private room. The room was spacious, with 2 double beds, one upstairs overlooking the jungle and mountain. Too bad some of the light bulbs don't work, if they take care of that, this place would be perfect. I wouldn't mind paying more for toiletries. But overall this place is a very good value for money. The staffs were also nice and friendly, the food was awesome and good value for money. When I go back to Amed, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Hosts are very friendly and welcoming. They were able to accomodate us with special requests. Again great rate for a nice room with AC but not hot water however. The bar restaurant is really cosy and relaxed and the breakfast is quite nice!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I've rarely been in such a comfy hostel!
First the staff was super welcoming and they offer every service you need for cheap: scooters, laundry...
The included breakfast is very good and there's an indonesian buffet every night for 30k.
In the dorms, the beds are made of stone and there are stone stairs to get to the upper bed, which I could stand on because the ceiling was so high!
Bathrooms are huge and clean.
And in the shared room, there are 4 cute rabbits who like wandering around. Loved this hostel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo