All reviews backwater tours tuk tuk hostel bugs taxis kerala
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my staying at Lake and Paddy.The staff were helpful and friendly Shaji is a good chef and Sulfi is a perfect manager. I stayed 6 days! It is close to town and bus station. They can also arrange boat trips, backwaters trips.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We were here at one of the busiest times for this lovely little place. The dragon boat racing was happening and everyone was very excited. I loved the vibe here. We were three ladies and were made to feel super safe here in our lovely, clean, decorated, little room overlooking the rice paddy. The one night the lights were not working, one of the lads collected fire flies and put them in a jar for us. MAGIC. If you are traveling India and appreciate the simple things in life, this is for you. Its a very romantic little get away and we met quite a few couples here. If you like fancy and super classy , look else where or rent a houseboat.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the paddy or the backwaters.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2016

The staff was friendly, and the value for money was ok. Yet at the middle of the night we had heavy rain that caused electricity blackout in the room, and water stopped running. So in the morning we couldn't use the toilets etc.
We searched the staff for help but couldn't find them (8 a.m.). We left the money on the bed and left.
No mosquito net on the window - he had a lizard and many mosquitos in our room.
Not good for backpackers/suitcases as the location is far from a main road - hard to catch rickshaws.
No lake view as the rooms are facing the other side of the lake.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

I arrived in Alleppey off the ferry, older solo female and was met by this "cheeky chappie" with a room spare... "I need no guide" I told him... It turned out I did as I would have never found this great budget cottage in the villages miles from any roads. My backpack was placed on Nandu's scooter & off we rode....
Yes take snacks as only one eating place a short walk away where you can buy water also. My room was clean and neat & If you smile sweetly Nandu will cook a simple breakfast for 100 rupees. He is very knowledgeable of the area and beyond. For the cost of fuel Nandu took me to the beach, watched my bag whilst I splashed about & rode me back soaking wet, stopping for a takeout meal.
Village life is amazing with some crazy sights! Each so friendly & inquisitive. Playing simple games with the kids eager to practice their English language. I taught simple songs & learned a few in return...Sometimes for whatever reason you just feel you'll return. I got that feeling here. Thank you!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2016

It was only our third night in India and we arrived here. Nandu had double booked our room to someone else and showed us a room that was quite obviously his room! It was dirty and the shower room didnt have a lock on it even though it was shared by him too! He tried to make out that this was the room we had booked even though there was no private entrance, no veranda, no view, no mosquito net, dirty toilet and shower and floors and bedding etc etc .. We ended up finding somewhere else to stay and Nandu got verbally agressive. Don't stay here! PS We arent exactly fussy and only stay in budget accomodation but ignore our review at your peril!

Room Tip: Don't stay in any of the rooms, better places to stay close by!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple