Abad Turtle Beach(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$110
Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

Raheem Residency(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$64
Alapatt Homestay(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$10
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$12/night.

Nova Holidays(Alappuzha)
US$220
US$172
Priceline
Alasr Heritage Home(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$13
Agoda.com
Aamy's Home Stay(Alappuzha)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbus stationbackwater toursenjoyed our staygreat place to stayboat jettyhammocksverandahosteltranquil
Reviewed 1 April 2016

The staff was friendly, and the value for money was ok. Yet at the middle of the night we had heavy rain that caused electricity blackout in the room, and water stopped running. So in the morning we couldn't use the toilets etc.
We searched the staff for help but couldn't find them (8 a.m.). We left the money on the bed and left.
No mosquito net on the window - he had a lizard and many mosquitos in our room.
Not good for backpackers/suitcases as the location is far from a main road - hard to catch rickshaws.
No lake view as the rooms are facing the other side of the lake.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

I arrived in Alleppey off the ferry, older solo female and was met by this "cheeky chappie" with a room spare... "I need no guide" I told him... It turned out I did as I would have never found this great budget cottage in the villages miles from any roads. My backpack was placed on Nandu's scooter & off we rode....
Yes take snacks as only one eating place a short walk away where you can buy water also. My room was clean and neat & If you smile sweetly Nandu will cook a simple breakfast for 100 rupees. He is very knowledgeable of the area and beyond. For the cost of fuel Nandu took me to the beach, watched my bag whilst I splashed about & rode me back soaking wet, stopping for a takeout meal.
Village life is amazing with some crazy sights! Each so friendly & inquisitive. Playing simple games with the kids eager to practice their English language. I taught simple songs & learned a few in return...Sometimes for whatever reason you just feel you'll return. I got that feeling here. Thank you!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2016

It was only our third night in India and we arrived here. Nandu had double booked our room to someone else and showed us a room that was quite obviously his room! It was dirty and the shower room didnt have a lock on it even though it was shared by him too! He tried to make out that this was the room we had booked even though there was no private entrance, no veranda, no view, no mosquito net, dirty toilet and shower and floors and bedding etc etc .. We ended up finding somewhere else to stay and Nandu got verbally agressive. Don't stay here! PS We arent exactly fussy and only stay in budget accomodation but ignore our review at your peril!

Room Tip: Don't stay in any of the rooms, better places to stay close by!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Frankly, the location was perfect. At the rear of the homestay are rice paddys, and at the front is one of the canals. If you like birds, it's a birdiers heaven. The water bus to Allepey runs straight past the front door! Food was good, and the little chalet my wife and I stayed in was basic, but just fine. It faced rearwards across the rice paddy and we sat there just enjoying the view. The two young men who were running it were great. Very friendly and helpful. But.... it is hard to find. Even our tuk tuk driver had difficulty, and had to stop and ask people several times!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2016

1. called them for a booking and they said it cost 600 rs / room while the same room was 500 rs in booking.com
2. cheaper and better rooms are available in the area.
3. said that there was a restaurant but there is not. There is a menu and you can order but the menu does not have prices and the food takes forever to arrive.
3a. Does not have ingredients for Coffee or breakfast. The badly made coffee is only available after 10:00 am
3b. Has a kitchen but when we asked if we could make coffee in the morning he said we have to pay for the kitchen...
4. does not have drinking water stored for nights
5. the place is at least a 15 min ferry ride from anything which would be fine if the advertised amenities were available.
6. Nandu the staff here is a horrible... his behavior is quite obnoxious and my general impression was that he attempts to cheat if he thinks he can get away with it. (refer to point 1 and 3b)
i would not come back to this place... ever

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple