All reviews treatment plan western medicine medical condition his son per day pool side stayed longer therapy dr babu doctor prescribed yoga ailments medication spa hospitality
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Krishnendu Ayurveda resort for my wife's after Stroke treatment. She had a brain Stroke in August 2012 ,and since than we visited this wonderful gem of a hospital for 5 th time . Every time the treatment was excellent and focussed to the core. When alopathy treatment exhausted , Ayurveda here for Hemiplegia worked like magic.

And believe me it's a combination of both, you have the comfort and atmosphere of star resort and most traditional treatment at it's best.

Dr. Mohan Babu a 3rd generation Vaidya and his son are making the environment very much like family, totally non commercial attitude is by virtue of God.

I rate this place as best for any ailment .

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank JayendraTanna
Reviewed 30 March 2017

My wife and I checked in to this hospital/resort in February 2017. We did some research before choosing this location and found that it generally received good reviews. We contacted the hospital several weeks beforehand and explained to them the reasons why we wanted to visit their facilities. I do not wish to disclose the ailments my wife and I had needed treatment for because it may mislead people into thinking they can give up any doctor prescribed medication in place of ayurvedic medicine. I will say this, I have a common medical condition that affects many people. My treatments basically consisted of Pancha Karma massage therapy and EMS. I was highly doubtful any of this was going to work but we did follow all instructions given by the doctors, therapists and physiotherapy technicians and the result for myself was a weightless of about 4kg and a reduction of my pharmaceutical medications by half! and on top of that was told the after effects I will continue to benefit from over the 4-6 weeks after leaving. We are very satisfied with our ayurvedic treatment and even speaking with other guests, not a single person had a negative comment and felt they had a positive experience that improved their health. Krishnendu is not necessarily for the average traveller who is looking for the 5 star hotel experience. This is not a spa. It is more like a health clinic that requires a basic level of compliance to their instruction for benefits they cannot always achieve through western medicine. Eating healthy partaking in yoga and fitness activities are at the guests discretion.
Upon our arrival, we were interviewed by the doctors and given a basic exam. We explained our ailments and what we hoped to achieve during our visit. We then spoke at length to Dr. Babu, who is an MD the lead Doctor at Krishnendu. Dr. Babu listened to our needs and generated a comprehensive treatment plan for both of us and explained in great detail what it was going to be and the benefits of each step. I must also add, we had forwarded our medical records for the past few years to the doctor several weeks beforehand and also brought copied with us. It is advisable to do that so that the doctors have time to analyze your condition a come up with a treatment plan, and most importantly, the amount of time you would ideally have to stay for the most benefit. The doctors were very attentive, they visited us at least once a day and more often, twice per day to go over any issues or changes they may want to make to your treatment. We were surprised to see that because some of the reviews we had read stated the doctors are never to be seen after the initial interview. That is a totally false statement and probably made by guests who were not there for treatment.
Areas for improvement are in the food dept. The food was at times bland and without selection. If you are on a diet plan set by the doctors then there is nothing that can be done but the quality of food could've been better at times. The pool is always murky and I didn't feel comfortable wading into it but it was used by some of the guests. Other than that there was little to complain about. House keeping was not always the best but It didn't bother us. The therapists are absolutely amazing and very knowledgable on the treatment they are giving you.
We stayed for 21 days, as recommended by the doctors. We stayed in a Jr. Suite for the duration and paid about $140 CAD per night with food being extra. The room cost covered our treatments and medicines used during our stay. We also had AC, satellite TV and WiFi included. Food service is outsourced to a separate company so their bill is not included but we were averaging $15-20 per day for all meals for both of us. We also bought medicines to take back to Canada for ourselves. This medicine would have costed us several hundred dollars if we could even find it back home but only paid a small fraction for it at the hospital. Krishnendu manufactures all their own medicines so I believe that quality is optimal.
My wife and I were very happy with our time at Krishnendu and would definitely go back in the future. The location is perfect as it is out of the way, no noises or air pollution. This is great to help the guests relax away from the hustle and bustle of bigger towns and cities in India.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the newer building as the rooms are a bit more modern and have very comfy western style beds!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gulliver710
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Had my best ayurveda treatment for two weeks. Therapy and physio is excellent. Not to mention is about acupressure treatment with facial massage. It's a quality place to regain your health. It's in a town called Chingoli in Alleppy district. You can drive from Cochin airport or take a train to nearest station Haripad or Kayamkulam.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank macy4469
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Left my heart behind at Krishnendu. Beautiful wellness centre! Amazing staff. Comfortable stay and fabulous treatments! Doctor Mohan Babu and his son Sandeep were amazing. I recommend it hands down! It's probably the best Ayurveda centre in Kerala and value for money. Loved everything except the food! That needs looking into....

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChaaruA1
wandurlust3040, Guest Relations Manager at Krishnendu Ayurveda Hospital Chingoli, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Good Day to you.

Greeting from Krishnendu!

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and experience the Ayurvedic treatments. It was a great pleasure to serve you in this home far away from home. We hope you are in great health. Kindly let us know about your health progress.

We consider it a great honour for your good words you have put in for us in Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We booked Krishendu wellness centre for 11days, stayed in junior suite near pool. The rooms are air conditioned clean specious and comfortable. Location is beautiful and peaceful . Our morning started with yoga classes the yoga teacher was excellent. The day we arrived doctor review our report and plan our treatments. All our stay was perfect due to always smiling and helpful staff and doctors. It was really an excellent rejuvenate experience under good care of doctors.
Love the ambiance music by the pool and treatment rooms all in all we came back rejuvenate , I like to thank all the doctors and their team taking great care of us visiting regularly in therapy rooms and our room. All the staff is so welcoming and wonderful always smiling as receptionist kitchen staff, pool attendant , room cleaners.
Food is light and healthy, they can introduce some more dishes. We both felt very well thank you all at Krishendu wellness centre

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rani4dave
wandurlust3040, Public Relations Manager at Krishnendu Ayurveda Hospital Chingoli, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam,