All reviews jean luc kep national park natural swimming pool the owner crab market a great place to spend lovely plants cool dip mosquito net nice furniture big balcony short stroll restaurant serves small fridge charming place breakfast was delicious rainy season
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this most unusual accommodation. Our home was very nice and quite large with two bedrooms, a huge living area and great views of the sea. We liked the gardens around the complex, very nice indeed. We enjoyed the breakfast and the meals in the main restaurant. We found the hotel just over the road from our one to have a much better quality restaurant. The local crab market was ok and sure the fresh fish and seafood was great, the area was quite dirty with cockroaches running around the restaurant floor. We enjoyed our stay but not sure we would return, we would stay at the Veranda Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
KEPBDM, Owner at Le Bout du Monde - Khmer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Our restaurant offers authentic Khmer and French cuisine based on selected quality organic products.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed here on my own a few years ago and suggested to my wife that we stayed here on this trip.
I am glad we did as my wife loved it.
The accommodation is amazing, we stayed in Sopheah and slept each night with the shutters wide open. I don't know how wise this is but we came to no harm. A couple of years ago we paid over 250 dollars a night to stay in a 'treehouse' in Costa Rica and it wasn't a patch on this place.
The grounds are lovely and the location is ideal.
They arranged for two mopeds for our stay which made getting around a lot easier but there are Tuk Tuks or taxis as well.
They organised a taxi to pick us up firstly from Phnom Penh and at the end of our stay take us to Battambang, all turned up on time and delivered us safely for the normal going rate.
We had dinner on 3 of our 5 nights there and each meal was excellent in a lovely peaceful setting.
However lastly and most importantly is the service from the employees, from 6.30am to 9.30pm we were served by the most delightful girls and always with a big smile, no matter how much I pay in England I doubt I could get anywhere near this standard.
Excellent and thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I am so happy in this marvelous bungalow. The exquisiteness of the decoration, the view, the contort.
This is just a place for me far from the standards of a normal hotel. Le Bout du Monde is a truly Cambodian experience. The nature that surrounds you and the very friendly staff and owner not to talk of the exquisite cuisine.
I will never forget!!!! for me this is the subtle blend of French taste and Asian exquisiteness.

I LOVE IT !!!!!

Oriol Barcelona Spain

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Oriol_Barcelona5
Reviewed 25 November 2013

After reading all the reviews we pre booked this place really looking forward to it. Checked out after one night. Have stayed at some pretty basic hotels but for the price this just was not worth it! Sheets old and filthy, mattress and pillows rocks, shower dribbled and bathroom dirty. The worst part was the damp, mouldy smell. Also only a water glimpse through the trees. Moved into town across from the beach amazing view, comfortable spotless room.

Room Tip: Check it out first.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travlineyes
KEPBDM, Propriétaire at Le Bout du Monde - Khmer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Your excessive comment indicates that you did not know how to choose your hotel and so your opinion is very superficial.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We absolutely loved our 3 night stay here. Be warned though.....it is so lovely, peaceful and secluded that you won't want to venture far!! :-) Apart from a couple of walks in the National Park which backs on to the property, a coffee at Led Zep Cafe (a few hundred metres up the road in the National Park) and a tuktuk ride to the Crab Market for lunch one day, we just enjoyed the beautiful surrounds of Le Bout du Monde, eco pool and restaurant. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, the accommodation is (rustically) superb and very comfy and the room we had was the perfect spot for lovely sunset photos! One little thing I discovered was that you got uninterrupted hot water for a shower if you turned the ceiling fan off! We have such fond memories of our time in this idyllic spot and have already recommended it to a number of friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple